Life's 2 intense

a-line

Likes Dirt
Here's my two treadly's to keep me entertained for the coming year. I Must say a MASSIVE THANKS to Moose @ Streamline Cycles and Phil @ Monza for looking after me and keeping the dream true. See you on the track.....Image039.jpgImage041.jpgImage042.jpgImage043.jpgImage044.jpgImage045.jpg

Frame - 2011 Intense 951. Medium
Rear shock - Fox RC2 with 400pnd ti
Front shock/fork - Boxxer World Cups
Handlebars - Raceface Atlas 780mm
Stem - Straitline
Headset - Fsa zero stack
Grips - Odi Ruffians
Saddle - Sdg Ti Fly
Seatpost - Thomson
Seatclamp - Thomson
Front brake - Avid Juicy Ultimate
Rear brake - Avid Juicy Ultimate
Cranks - Truvativ descendants
Chainguide - E-13 Lg1
Chainring- Race Face 38t
Chain - Kmc X9 SL
Pedals - Straitline
Rear derailleur - Sram X9
Rear shifter - Sram X9
Cassette - Sram Pg 970
Front hub - Hope Pro 2
Rear hub - Hope Pro 2
Front rim - Mavic 721
Rear rim - Mavic 721
Spokes - Black
Nipples - Women only
Tyres -Maxxis Minion exo 2.5
Tubes - Rubber
Total weight - 16.1kg

Frame - 2011 Intense Tazer HT. Medium
Front shock/fork - Rock Shox Pike 454 air
Handlebars - Deity dirty130
Stem - Thomson
Headset - Cane Creek XX
Grips - ODI Ruffian
Saddle - SDG TI-Fly
Seatpost - Thomson
Seatclamp - intense
Front brake - Avid Juicy 5
Rear brake - Avid Juicy 5
Cranks - Shimano XT
Chainguide - E-13 Lg1
Chain - Shimano Yumeya
Chainring - Mrp 36t
Pedals - Straitline
Rear shifter - Sram X9
Cassette - Sram PG970 11-23
Front hub - Hadley
Rear hub - Hadley
Front rim - Mavic 721
Rear rim - Mavic 721
Spokes - 64 of them
Nipples - 64 of them
Tyres - Maxxis Crossmarks
Tubes - Rubber
Total weight - 12.5kg

Last edited:

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
See you on the track.....
BAHAHAHAHAHA yeah right. you dont ride anymore. i cant remember the last time i saw you ride. ;) miss you.

it is good you finally got it built now i can come and run away with your cranks.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
16.1kg still with tubes. hmmmm, suspicious.
Sick bikes.
I would believe it marks commi was just a touch heavier with a few parts that were not exactly light spec. The difference in the cranks is about 400g bright the descendants 760g inc BB

screw loose

Likes Dirt
Wow^^^ 4.49am. That's. . early.

Beautiful bikes. Any notable adjustments to the 951 for 2011? And; Those Truly Innovative cranks - That's an amazing weight. Congrats on those two projects. Are the minion Exos dual ply?

a-line

Likes Dirt
The rear triangle is different, fixed dropout and the yoke between the chainstays and seatstays is in a different spot. The tires are sort of like a 1.5 ply, halfway between a single and dual.

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I would believe it marks commi was just a touch heavier with a few parts that were not exactly light spec. The difference in the cranks is about 400g bright the descendants 760g inc BB
I thought you would whinge that he has magical scales that read his bikes light and other bikes heavy...
like 19kg heavy!!!!

tumble

Likes Dirt
Well done then. You have one of the lightest DH rigs on here & could probably get it well under 16kg if you could be bothered.

a-line

Likes Dirt
Thanks. It's crazy to think about how much lighter you could go, but im very happy with the way it is. Other than the tires, the rest of the build is what i consider to be what a lot of other people use. If i were to run tubeless tires (with tubeless setup) it would be around the same weight it is now. The biggest difference is in the frame though, nealy 400g lighter than last years frame, due to the revised dropouts, which puts it nearly the same weight as the Trek Session 88DH.

muskimo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Wow^^^ 4.49am. That's. . early.
just having a coffee in the site sheds just before i started. normally have weekends off, although im doing 20 days straight. normal stuff during the week, and the high noise stuff over sat sunday.

I thought you would whinge that he has magical scales that read his bikes light and other bikes heavy...
like 19kg heavy!!!!
yeah it was a surprise when i saw how fat she was, so she went on a diet, and got 2kg out very easily. cant be bothered nor is going much lighter going to be any good as i dont feel it will be beneficial for the suspension. now its change frame time for me.
i have a couple frame choices that will allow me to get some heavy strong gear on.

a-line

Likes Dirt
1 month in UPDATE...

So here we are 1 month later and i've changed a few things on the 951. First noticeable change has been changing the air cartridge in the forks to the 2011 kit, and wow what a difference, no more annoying clunk/loose feel.

Second change has been to a 450pnd spring. Whilst i was getting just a little over the correct amount of sag (intense say 35%) it just didnt feel right, i couldn't sit down and pedal without the cranks hitting the ground, so now im around 30% and it feels much better. Also the Obtainium 450 x 3 is 10g lighter than the Rcs 400 x 3 ;) so it's a win-win situation.

Lastly i changed the chainguide to a Mrp G2 with a 36t Straitline chainring. The Mrp sits in a better position on the tabs and allows to get a much better chainline with no drag through the guide. By also changing the guide from 38t to 36t it gives me more clearance with the bash guard.

Attachments

a-line

Likes Dirt
Things have changed..... again!

I've changed a few things around on my two treadlys. The 951 is now rocking the final build. I finally decided to make the switch from avid brakes (after only using them since 05), so it's definately taking time for my hands to get used to different lever feel. The tazer has just got new brakes and rims. Pretty happy with the overall feel of it. Far from the lightest build, but a good solid build as it is.

Frame - 2011 Intense 951. Medium
Rear shock - Fox RC2 with 450pnd ti
Front shock/fork - Boxxer World Cups
Handlebars - Raceface Atlas 780mm
Stem - Straitline
Headset - Fsa zero stack
Grips - Odi Ruffians
Saddle - Sdg Ti Fly
Seatpost - Thomson
Seatclamp - Thomson
Front brake - Formula The One
Rear brake - Formula The One
Cranks - Truvativ descendants
Chainguide - Mrp G2
Chainring- Straitline 36t
Chain - Kmc X9 SL
Pedals - Straitline
Rear shifter - Sram X9
Cassette - Sram Pg 970
Front hub - Hope Pro 2
Rear hub - Hope Pro 2
Front rim - Mavic 721
Rear rim - Mavic 721
Spokes - Black
Nipples - Women only
Tyres -Maxxis Minion exo 2.5
Tubes - Rubber
Total weight - 16.1kg

Frame - Intense Tazer HT
Front shock/fork - Rock Shox Pike 454 air
Handlebars - Deity dirty130
Stem - Thomson
Headset - Cane Creek XX
...Grips - ODI Ruffian
Saddle - SDG TI-Fly
Seatpost - Thomson
Front brake - Shimano XTR
Rear brake - Cranks - Shimano XTR
Chainguide - E-13 LG1
Chain - Shimano Yumeya
Chainring - Mrp 36t
Pedals - Straitline
Rear shifter - Sram X9
Cassette - Sram PG970 11-23
Front hub - Hadley
Rear hub - Hadley
Front rim - Mavic xm719
Rear rim - Mavic xm719
Spokes - 64 of them
Nipples - 64 of them
Tyres - Maxxis Crossmark
Tubes - Maxxis Crossmark
Total weight - a chunky 12.13kg

Attachments

Last edited:

a-line

Likes Dirt
More changes... Again!!!

TAZER: Got myself some 831's :D for the Tazer. Done about 5 hrs riding on them over the weekend and WOW! These feel amazing, so stiff when pedaling, but plush when hits a bump. Currently set at 100mm, this sits the axle to crown hight 20mm lower than with the Pikes. I thought i'd notice the difference, but it feels really good. Because the forks are postmount, i was unable to run the front IS mount XTR caliper unless i ran a 180mm rotor, which looked wack. After much hunting around i couldn't find a XT/XTR caliper, so it was a cheaper option to buy new brakes. At $200 a pair for 2012 Shimano SLX i couldn't go wrong. I don't like the new levers so i bled them up with the old XTR levers. Feel awesome! I also changed the front hub to a Hope Pro 2 as i needed a 15mm hub. I've also put on some Shwalbe Racing Ralph's. They seem to roll faster than the CrossMarks and have more grip. Thanks to Muskimo, i now have a pretty Renthal chainring. She now tip's the scales @ 11.57kg

951: Not a lot has changed, but now have a 11-21 Dura-Ace cassette. Also now running an Sram XO shifter and derailleur. I have always been skeptikal of using XO on the downhill bike, due to the high price and chances of damaging them and what do you know? BAM!!! Now @ 15.86kg. I'll get photos when it's clean.

Attachments

Last edited:

back_2_riding

Likes Bikes
legit an awesome couple you have there, the fact that their the same brand/colour is awesome, love your build ups there mate, that hardtail looks like it could take anything whilst being light as, riding pics?