Light DH Frames - 9.9-10.9lbs with shock - Anyone know any?

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
Just thought I'd start this thread up because Im currently looking for a new DH frame thats pretty light, between 9.9 and 10.9lbs with shock. Thought this thread could be useful in the future too if people are in my position and are looking for a light frame.

So far I know of a few frames that fall into the category:
Orange 222-3-4's - 9.97lbs with DHX 5.0 Ti spring
Transition Blindside - I think it was around 10.5lbs with DHX 5.0 and Ti spring
Sunday Factory frames 10.2 or 10.3lbs with DHX 5.0 and Ti spring
and also GT DHi's i think

Some of those would only fall within this because of running Ti springs though.

So if anyone knows of any other nice and light frames, post up :D

dh1

Likes Dirt
check out sicklines if you havent already. they have a weight section for different parts.

cantride4shit

Likes Dirt
intense socom comes in at 8.5lbs without so if you add a shock it should still fall below the 10.9lbs you have with a steel spring

sockman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What about the new turners? Not sure on an exact weight myself but im assuming they're fairly light...

EDIT: The website quotes 9.5lb with a dhx5

Gruntled

Likes Dirt
Just about any decent DH bike with shock will weigh under 11lb. The list is too long to type out here! If it weighs more than 11lb it's a goddam tank.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Trek Session 88's are all the talk as far as weight goes atm. The new Turners have apparently lost more weight again.

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
09 norco Team Dh is around 9.7lb with roco air. Just over 10 with ti coil.

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
Why is everyone talking in pounds??? Is this not Australia?
Come on guys, fuck this imperial shit, Metric is the way to go;)

-Brent

Dymalla

Likes Dirt
I just started it in pounds because its a more commonly used measurement for weighing bikes so I thought it would be easier for people and so they dont have to convert pounds into kilo's etc.

Feel free to post up in kg's too :D

dhd

Downhill Direct
Here's a couple for you to look into....
Liteville 901: 2990g without shock
MSC F5: 3980g with shock

dhd

Downhill Direct
Liteville is 14.5kg in a freeride build! :eek: Not really a DH bike though.
It's a dual purpose thing. Can be built up either way and with warranty for both FR and DH. Looking at the angles in the 200mm set up....I'd definitely ride one DH. It's got better angles than a hell of a lot of designated DH bikes.............
My DHR was 17.6kgs without an over the top build so I figure this would easily go into the 16's

kill_switch

Dead-set Idiot
This lightville got me really interested so i went a looking. This is what i Found. Looks nice huh?

German manufacturer Syntace adds a new bike - the 901 - to its lineup of "liteville" brand bikes

According to the designer Michi Grätz the bike can be used for anything in between crossing the alps to serious downhill racing - just depending on the setup the customer chooses.

In a leightweight setup the Liteville 901 is equipped with the Fox Talas Fork and has 170mm of rear travel at 13.0 Kilo / 28.5 lb

In a more gravity oriented setup the bike offers 200mm of rear travel and a RockShox Totem Solo Air fork, weighing now 14.5kg or 32 lb.
Some more fact about the frame

- The frame weighs less than 3000 grams / 6.6 lb (w/o rear shock)
- Either a 222mm or a 240mm long rear shock is used resulting in 170mm / 200mm rear travel.
- Liteville uses an integrated onepointfive headset
- DC forks can be used

Although rather pricey the Liteville brand has many fans over here in Germany - apart from the bikes they build one more reason for this might be the close contact of the liteville crew to their customers.

Apart from the technical facts I really like the clean look of the frame - what do you think?

Attachments