light dh

supermajo1

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone.
i was just wondering what bikes are out there that are suited to light DH and can be picked up relatively cheap.
eg specialized sx trail, giant reign.

Jaydawgz

Likes Dirt
I recently bought a Specialized big hit 3 09 for $1800 and it comes under the light freeride catergory.
I picked mine up for a bargain but if you look around on bikexchange, ebay and on here.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey everyone.
i was just wondering what bikes are out there that are suited to light DH and can be picked up relatively cheap.
eg specialized sx trail, giant reign.
I guess for light DH you wouldnt want to be going any less than 6 inches of rear travel... well that is my opinion.

I guess you have endless options with that though, to name a few:

- Santa Cruz Nomad
- Specialized SX Trail (As you mentioned)
- Gieant Reign (As you mentioned)
- Mongoose Kyber
- A few of the Banshee range
- And really what ever company you can think of, they will more than likely have an option.

As far as being cheap, well that is up to you really. I guess by cheap I would assume less than $1500 or is that pushing it?

Here is something I have found, but really just go to the downhill section and I am sure you will find numerous bikes with the specs you want.

http://www.rotorburn.com/forums/showthread.php?208324-Specialized-Sx-trail-2-07-1300-Inc-postage

Gravity Addict

Likes Dirt
try looking at something like a jamis parker or orange blood. i'm not a qualified bike person but they look like they could handle it well

Chuckie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Commencal Supreme 6 (not DH), also known as Mini DH

should be able to get one at a good price