Lindsay Klien's 2004 Ride? (Global Goes Under)

Ghost

Likes Dirt
I just read that Global has gone belly up because Martin Whiteley can't afford to fund things out of his pocket anymore. Can you confirm this Lindsay and, if so, what are your plans for this upcoming year?

If this thread already exists, feel free to lock this one. I had a quick look but couldn't find it.

DOM

Eats Squid
This has been known for months.

I can confirm no Global.

But Ill let Lindsay talk.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Yes it can be pretty much garanteed that there will be no Global team next year. Martin funded a small version of the team this year but is unable to again because the money comes out of his own pocket. However it seems he is going to continue to help Matti Lehikoinen with this Snow King series but whether or not Matti will be runing global graphics is another thing.

As for me I don't have a ride for next year.

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Um, yeah nothing. No sponsor at all which means no new bikes or any chance of international racing.

Part of the deal with Global is that I got to keep my dh bike so at least i've still got that to cruise around on.

Darkness

Rotting Corpse Films
that sux. oh well at least you've still got "a" bike to ride. sure enough you'll pick up a sponsership somewher soon.

bazza

look at me
i was wondering how global was supporting itself because it wasnt really a well known company like fox or nokia or something along those lines. but thats a real shame. no more global then.....just hope someone fills in the void they left!!!

lindsay

Likes Dirt
Firstly Global uses Oranges, so my dh bike is a 222.

Secondly Global isn't a company it's just the name of the team. It was originaly funded by Arai which is a ski resort in Japan. Hence the AraiGlobal on the jersey's.

Anyway thanks for the support guys.

wendel

Banned
lindsay i was wondering do u have a sponsor from a bike shop that helps u along until u can get a sponsor to race overseas? and u are doing engineering or something at uni are u still doing that?

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
madcatz?

they make joypads and joysticks for consoles...

jeep?

chevy?

heaps of sponsors dont have anything to do with mtb. It's all about target markets (even though it can be hard at times to figure out what market they are targeting).