LIQUID MAINFRAME FRAME?

Bender is CRAZY

Likes Dirt
Just out of interest has anyone ridden a liquid Mainframe, cos it looks pretty sweet. Is the frame any good for a bit of DH and doing DJ's? I'm about 150 cm.

Icks

Likes Bikes
liquid

weve had about 10 up here in cairns, and i know of 3 that cracked and one that snapped clean off at the headtube. they are pretty crap. save up a little extra and go for something from da bomb. liquid - $550 da bomb = $800 i think.

Jordy

RYD4LF
might not be as strong as da bomb but man the angles are the best for dirt jumpin out of all the bikes ive tried

dazonic

Likes Dirt
liquid mainframe

It was meeee fuzzy :twisted:
They're good, but the geo is a bit whack, and mine is one of them bikes that you have to own and ride all the time before you can be used to it. Anyone else jumps on it they're like "Nice, but i'd have to get used to it".
I'm about 5'10, it's a bit small for me. I'm using it for DH at the moment. You're standing up most of the time, so the main thing that matters is the head angle, which is good with 130mm DJs

Bender is CRAZY

Likes Dirt
So you think i should get one for DH and DJ and some trail riding as well? I've only heard there is some problems with strenght, is this true?

dazonic

Likes Dirt
It's good on trails, but unless you can get one bulk cheap, i'd look for something else. I can't see there being any issues with strength at all, it's pretty beefy.

lupine128

Likes Bikes and Dirt
don't quote me on this, but i seem to remember that the first few frames had a little bit of trouble. then it was all sorted and haven't heard anything else since.