Liteville 301 MK10 160/160 - now 650b!

ChopSticks

Banned
love the weight weenie seat collar, and the plastic seal (although it looks like dirty sill still get in via the cut outs)
what gear cables are those on the Lev?

very interesting choice on having the HD on the rear and the NN on the front...... (clearance on the 26" Fox 36???)

Yellm

Likes Bikes
love the weight weenie seat collar, and the plastic seal (although it looks like dirty sill still get in via the cut outs)
what gear cables are those on the Lev?

very interesting choice on having the HD on the rear and the NN on the front...... (clearance on the 26" Fox 36???)
Hey Chopsticks,

contrary to many other designs (and I still don't understand these...) the clamping slits are facing the front where dirt isn't really an issue ;-).

The cables are Nokon cables. They come in a range of colours so great for setting small colour highlights.

very interesting choice on having the HD on the rear and the NN on the front
My choice was based on a slightly wider and more open grippier tread tyre on the front, with better rolling and pinch flat resistance on the rear.

kinserk

Cannon Fodder
Awesome bike, really nice build. I like it alot!!
I've been looking at 301 frame for some time now, planing to buy one, but there's one thing I need to get answer for. By the way the linkage works and by looking at the suspension animation at liteville 301 web site, I get a feeling the rear wheel or sus. rockarm will hit the saddle if i keep it to low, when going downhill and bottoming out. Do you have any experience with that, or did you ever tried about how low you can drop the seatpost to still keep the saddle safe from rear wheel or rockarm?
Sorry for mistakes in text :/ and thanks for any info. ;)

Yellm

Likes Bikes
Liteville 301 unduer full compression - clearance rocker arm / rear wheel to saddle

Awesome bike, really nice build. I like it alot!!
I've been looking at 301 frame for some time now, planing to buy one, but there's one thing I need to get answer for. By the way the linkage works and by looking at the suspension animation at liteville 301 web site, I get a feeling the rear wheel or sus. rockarm will hit the saddle if i keep it to low, when going downhill and bottoming out. Do you have any experience with that, or did you ever tried about how low you can drop the seatpost to still keep the saddle safe from rear wheel or rockarm?
Sorry for mistakes in text :/ and thanks for any info. ;)
Hi KINSERK,

I've had the time to test this for you today and hope below photos answer your question.

I guess most importantly, how low do you like to have your seat?

Following photo shows the 301 with the dropper post at my regular riding height, and seat fully dropped. BB-top-of-seat measures 58cm. Note, for trail riding, I would never drop the seat this far (generally dropping it 5cm is sufficient I find)...

Following photos shows full compression with BB-top-of-seat measurement 58cm:

As you can see above, even though I would never drop the seat this far for regular trail riding, there is plenty of clearance all round, even with the 650b wheels.

However, if you want to drop the seat ALL THE WAY DOWN, you need to check the clearance. Following photo shows the seat at the lowest point possible without the rear wheel hitting, or the rocker links colliding with the seat. The BB-top-of-saddle measurement is 51.8cm with the seat shown at shown angle.

Here at full compression:

As you can see, there is approx 5mm space between tyre and saddle. The rocker links come almost to the top of the saddle but do not touch (even though it looks like it in the photo) set like this.

And because we are almost there, here the 301 at full compression:

Hope it helps!

Polarcherry

Cannon Fodder
650b and bb height?

Now you have made the move to 650b what the bb height?

You have 160mm forks? With 160mm rear and 650b tyres - what's the bb height?

Do you have the 140mm plates for the rear? If so how does that's change the bb height with 160mm still upfront?

Huge thanks in advance for answering the questions - looking to by an xl 301 next month.