L'officiel Le Tour 2009 Thread!

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
Thanks duncan...

good to see him thinking about racing again... Jens is a cycling god, well, in spankys mind.

s

Markymark188

Likes Dirt
.... Like ten men...

Both Ligget and Shirwin always describing riders as "Bike Riders", not just riders or anything else for that matter Eg.
"He's a strong bike rider"
"What a skillful bike rider"
"He really is Paul, an amazing bike rider"
Just makes me laugh, instead of saying just rider or just :adjective: it's always ends with bike rider:)
My personal fav is "he rides like ten men".. Last year it was "Jens Voit rides like ten men"... or "When you're wearing yellow you ride like ten men"...

They do a great job.. I love the coverage and even the wife stays up to look at the countryside and buildings..

Morgan123

Likes Dirt
Don't think you could find 2 better commentators for le tour.

Damnnnn, didn't realise jens got that fucked up. Got stitched up a fair bit but doesn't look too bad. Always gives me a chuckle too haha missing out on the party in paris.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm confused, is 3rd a metaphor for voluntary euthanasia/assisted suicide? :confused:

Or are they actually going to come in 3rd? Um, or, um...yeah. Help? :eek:

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
I'm confused, is 3rd a metaphor for voluntary euthanasia/assisted suicide? :confused:

Yeah I looked at that about 3 times yesterday and thought it was just a hangover, but im not alone.

Bodin

GMBC

Yeah I looked at that about 3 times yesterday and thought it was just a hangover, but im not alone.
The way I read it (and my interpretation might be wrong) was that it was a sarcastic pisstake on Lance's LIVESTRONG campaign and that the campaign has lost its message because he didn't win. i.e. He's inspired people to aspire to mediocrity instead of glory.

Correct me if I'm wrong please, because if that was the intention, then it's actually a pretty piss poor waste of e-space. Not that I'm a fan of Lance, but this is one of those things that only goes to prove that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.