Logging In & Unwanted Logging Out

Ghost

Likes Dirt
When I log in and click 'Submit', the damn forum asks me to log in again. It often makes me enter my details several times in a row before posting my message.

I've tried clearing my cache and all the usual tricks, but the only way I can stop the stupid thing logging out on me is to set it up so I'm always logged in.

I don't want this to be the case, so could you check out your database and look for any abnormalities? I post on another forum that uses the exact same software as this one and have no such problems, so it's an issue on your end.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mason

Likes Dirt
I'll make sure that this makes it to the Admins quickly. I have also been having trouble with my log in and unwanted log out. But mine just stopped lastnight, so im all good.

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
if it was an issue on our end it would happen to everybody. i almost feel like i'm at work.. (buck passing).

anyway, i'll have a look... but im doubtful that I will find anything...

wombat

Lives in a hole
Yep, after just logging in 9 successive times and not actually getting logged in, i deleted all my cookies, and it seems to be working again.

Ghost

Likes Dirt
Sorry fellas, but I had already done that and I still suffer from this exceedingly frustrating problem. As I mentioned in my first post, I do post on another forum that uses the same software and never suffer any problems such as this.

Considering other members here have gone through the same thing, I daresay something isn’t right on your end.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Hmmm, now it's working alright, but it doesn't differentiate between threads I've read and those that haven't been updated. I wonder if it's related?

wombat

Lives in a hole
Sorry Gregg, I take it all back, it's messing up again. Damn this infernal contraption!!!

Ryan

Radministrator
Don't mistake "Job" for "hobby".

Notice the disctinct lack of advertising on this site? Farkin.net doesn't magically suck money out of the ether and deposit it in our accounts you know...though maybe Scott should look into that ;)

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
Gregg said:
Scott said:
hrm... i had better have a look into it then...
You should probably have a look into it no matter how many people are suffering the problem. It is your job.
Its statements like that, that want to make me pull out my boomstick..

Think before you type..