Long Gully thursday night rides: info

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
Well its come that great time of the year again when thursday night ride start again!

Start date: November 1st
Times: 6pm til dark
Where: Long Gully Farm (belive its 330 Long gully road healesville, its exactly 3.3 km down the road!)
cost: $20 for mtba members (anyone with a yearly membership, dosnt matter which club)
$25 for anyone without an mtba membership +
$10 for a day license

This ill run ever thursday night bar a couple around christmas, un til the end up daylight savings.

Cheers

Last edited:

mtb_champ

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yahooo!
ill see you down there roxy in a week or two, ill be wearing the helmet i bought off you ;).

Ozza

Eats Squid
Will this year be running a free bbq and drinks?

Come along guys, Long Gully is a great place to pick up some downhill skills. Everyones really relaxed and happy to give you a few pointers and show you down the track!

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Will this year be running a free bbq and drinks?

Come along guys, Long Gully is a great place to pick up some downhill skills. Everyones really relaxed and happy to give you a few pointers and show you down the track!
I'll be following you down Cam. Need some pointers.:D

steveodh

Likes Dirt
awesome, finally were able to enjoy riding till late again. ill be down there, once yr 12 exams are finished, so in a few weeks :)

nickmann

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just to double check. The first event is this Thursday coming (1st Novemember). Am I correct?
Thanks

slamer

Likes Dirt
Most definately mate!

......and why dont u ride with out bar plugs?? are you not fond of your spleen :p
im sure i could go without it:p

just makin sure no little kiddies turn up on stp's with there oversized sk8 helmets and have to go home:D

BJ4D

Likes Dirt
After having thoroughly enjoyed riding at barjarg last weekend i'm sure to make it down to a few of these long gully dh nights.
I look forward to seeing you guys there :D

Boofa

Likes Bikes
Yes, the first ride will be this Thursday, the 1st of November. Definately a Full Face Helmet and bar ends event. $20 includes shuttle runs, BBQ and a drink. For those of age, this might include a beer. The new track looks sick, I was up there tonight to have a look and the bottom of the track has changed to include 3 high speed jumps and 2 berms. Some work by the boys a few weeks ago with the escavator.

There are strict instructions by some locals to keep the dust down. Please drive slowly along Long Gully road, not only is there alot of wildlife, the local walkers and hot blond cyclists aren't too happy about stones flying up as you go past. This is a fantastic venue, and to loose it would mean there will be a lot less riding for you all over the summer, and the locals don't like us much already.

I hope to see you all there, I may be biased, but I think this is the best track ive ridden, challenging enough without scaring the pants off me. Remember the next race is Long Gully, so there are 3 opportunities to ride the track before the round, scope out your lines.

Also, If you are yet to take a license, you can purchase one on thursday nights. Day licenses are $15, whilst a full license is $70 or $100 depending on age.

If there are any young riders who want some tips to help their riding, cornering, maintaining speed, getting over the road gap, hitting jumps etc, don't hesitate to come and Ask any of the organisers or us from Yarra Valley Cycles and we will be more than willing to take you for a run and give you some pointers. I might not be the one you want to get them from, but there are some fast guys there each week, and all are fantastic at providing some handy advice.

Seeya all on Thursday, and to those going to Adelaide, good lck, represent the vics.

Ash

Check out the new part at the bottom of the track at yarravalleycycles.com
tomorrow, Ill put in the news.... yueeeew...

nickmann

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This sounds awesome! thanks for clearing it all up for us:) Not sure if I will get there this Thursday as I am still recovering from my crash at Barjarg, but will be there next thurs;)
See ya soon

slamer

Likes Dirt
i might be able to give a few a lift, makes sense filling the cars for the dust problem. not sure about this week tho but next week is lookin good:D
pm me if your interested but i cant make any promises.

cheers

edit: will have trailer

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hate to dig up an old thread, but...

what thursday nights are they not running? just want to make sure they days im driving out, i wont be dissapointed.

thinking of tonight if there is some comfirmation...