Longboard skateboards.

fatboyonabike

Captain oblivious
what better place to start than a cycling forum!
looking to get a longboard, but have no idea where to start out. beginner but have used stakeboards long ago as a kid, im looking to get a bit fitter and stronger around core area, and my balance is a little shit lately too
mainly flat bikepath enviros etc...
if anyone has a 2nd one they want to get rid off, that may suit a newbie, pm me..
thankyou for the impending comments....Flame away!:target:

T.3

Likes Dirt
They're awesome fun, excellent cross training for surfing and snowboarding.

I'd recommend Randal trucks, or one of the other reverse king pin style trucks, for stability and carving ability and nice soft wheels for grip and rolling over stones sticks etc.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Used to boot around uni on one years ago. Great fun.

Had a Sector 9 of some description. One of the super flexy fibreglass / maple decks. Amazing for carving. Cost a small fortune but rode like nothing else.

Ended up coming off and the thing got wedged under a bus.

Winno

Likes Dirt
I'm not really into skate boarding. My son is though.

I just picked up a used Tan Tien and am restoring it for him as a Christmas present.

Five coats of lacquer wet sanded back, hand cut grip tape and edge skin later;

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414630235.157543.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414630250.506674.jpg

Just put a deposit on some fluoro pink Paris trucks, sky blue Mini Hawg wheels, and a high spec bearing pack.

Should keep him happy...

Last edited:

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Look into Arbor and Santa Cruz (Same as the bike), they have some sik longboards.

Last edited:

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
I'm not really into skate boarding. My son is though.

I just picked up a used Tan Tien and am restoring it for him as a Christmas present.

Five coats of lacquer wet sanded back, hand cut grip tape and edge skin later;

View attachment 301367

View attachment 301368

Just put a deposit on some fluoro pink Paris trucks, sky blue Mini Hawg wheels, and a high spec bearing pack.

Should keep him happy...

Do you need extra kids? I'm pretty old but quite immature if that helps. Nice rig man. Lucky bugger.

stirk

Burner
Guy at work gets around on one. He swerves real quick back and forth a bit like tic tac on a skateboard but without lifting the front wheels. Looks like he's dancing the twist, funny as hell to watch, definitely working his core though.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Guy at work gets around on one. He swerves real quick back and forth a bit like tic tac on a skateboard but without lifting the front wheels. Looks like he's dancing the twist, funny as hell to watch, definitely working his core though.
A whole lot of fun to do as well.