Looking at racing 2008

KA0S

Likes Dirt
Im 23 and looking at getting into BMX Racing next year. Don't think it is to late to start? What pressures and what tyres does most people use while racing?

deaks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
that bike should be fine.. the harder you can get your tires the better..

when there hard you roll faster.

owen#66

Likes Dirt
i ran tioga tires front and back and on 60-70 psi, the gt power series are good complete race bikes.
ide go for that power series pro.
and dude, your at a good age my dad still races and hes 47.
owen.

KA0S

Likes Dirt
Yeah leaning towards the GT's now. Hopefully my local bike shop has a GT Pro on hand to see if it is the right size of what I am after. The Expert is a little longer and then they have the XL which is $400 more than the Pro

KA0S

Likes Dirt
the pro should be the right fitting
Well I have a 2002 Vegas TRX which is pretty much the right size and my mate bought a new 2008 GT El Centro which I find to short. When looking at bike lenghts is it best to see what the wheelbase is? more than the top tube length?

Kawasaki 122

Likes Dirt
Intense tyres are the best..

You should run some of them. As for tyre pressure > 60-70psi to start and while your riding if you think they are to hard let them down until you find the right pressure for you and the track at that time.

deaks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
theres a few age groups..you go to your age group

so you would be in 19+ men..

but some clubs are different so i dont really know.. just get in touch with some one from your local club