looking for a new ride

norcorulz

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Welcome to farkin mate. Firstly, can you please use correct spelling when posting (none of these abbreviations and msn junk). Secondly there is a search button up the top, please use it as there is about 1 billion of these threads posted which will answer your question comprehensively! And to your question.... New or secondhand. For $3000 you could get a great Freeride bike. Just look in the trading area. And new, start by looking at a Kona Stinky or Norco Atomik.

edit. Disturbed.Rider you can't really talk "OMFG".

Viv92

Eats Squid
It's pretty much stinky or atomik. But since new stinky's are ummm... a bit dodgy it pretty much leaves you one option. Or you could get a really good second hand bike.

cretin...rider

Likes Dirt
depends if you want a hard tail or dually if you want a hard tail i would definetly (sp?) go with the rampage but for a dually i would probably get a kona stinky

birmY(>_<)

Likes Dirt
yer...

yeh i'm looking at a 06 mongoose black diamond double 'cause i was talking to a kid my age at a state downhill race today and he said it went like a dream

demodv8

Likes Dirt
want a small demo 8 ? you can buy mine .I will do a deal for quick sale If you live in sydney Il deliver it to you . No dents no cracks a few scuffs. I want to buy a demo7

brjknns

Likes Dirt
Yeah just browse through the farkin trading area, ebay and trading post ect, I'm sure you will find a bargain on a great bike. goodluck

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Mate, thank you for starting to use correct spelling. Pretty much all members on this site HATE MSN/SMS style spelling so best not to do it.

Also, could you tell us how tall you are, how heavy you are and all the other things that will influence the kind of bike you will buy?

I also suggest that you do some reading here on past freeride threads and "what bike should I buy". Because having one kid tellyou something isn't really much to go on. Who knows, this kid could be really dumb or it could be the first bike he's ever riden and has nothing to compare it to. So, do a few searches and have a read before you make any decisions. Aslo, go to your local MTB shop and ask some questions, they'll help you out wiht advice.

birmY(>_<)

Likes Dirt
thanks...

yer thanks to everyone for the advice but yer i bought an 2006 model mongoose black diamond double the other day{friday last week} and it's awesome!!:cool:

AiDeN J

Likes Dirt
how about a moongoose blackdiamond single

i rode my friends the other day and they ride so smooth im thinking of getting one! they cost about $2500