Looking for a Niner Air9 test ride

dyon

Likes Bikes
I'm looking at building up a light 29er HT but I'm having trouble choosing.

I've ridden a Giant XTC 29-1 around the carpark and didn't feel comfortable on it, so I've ruled it out for now.

I demoed a Gary Fisher X-Cal for a day and quite liked it (though it would need some upgrades).

I've read a lot of good things about Niner Air9s, but I haven't had a chance to throw a leg over one. It appears they're sold out locally (at least in Melbourne?) and I haven't even been able to find a demo one.

Does anyone in (preferably inner) Melbourne have a medium Niner Air9 that I could take for a spin around the block? Or know of a shop that has a demo bike?

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
I'm looking at building up a light 29er HT but I'm having trouble choosing.

I've ridden a Giant XTC 29-1 around the carpark and didn't feel comfortable on it, so I've ruled it out for now.

I demoed a Gary Fisher X-Cal for a day and quite liked it (though it would need some upgrades).

I've read a lot of good things about Niner Air9s, but I haven't had a chance to throw a leg over one. It appears they're sold out locally (at least in Melbourne?) and I haven't even been able to find a demo one.

Does anyone in (preferably inner) Melbourne have a medium Niner Air9 that I could take for a spin around the block? Or know of a shop that has a demo bike?
I know of one in Canberra that has one available.

- Joel