Looking for a regular MTB or road group ride Mt Dandenong/Lysterfield Area

As it says above, I've moved here a few months ago and spend most of my time riding solo.
Looking to learn some new trails and meet some MTBers and road riders.

I was a 400km a week guy 12 months ago, but had a child and moved countries so was lazy for 6 months at least. Just getting back into it.

I'm good for 60 or 70km at 25km/h through the hills and about 3hrs MTBing.

Would love to hook up for some early morning/ evening weekday rides and weekend rides. MTB or Road.. not fussed

Finding it tough to find a club as I'd like to start MTB racing again soon so any racers willing to point me to a good club would be appreciated.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Although I no longer attend them, 6:30pm Thursday nights at Cog Bike Cafe in Mount Evelyn there's a group mtb ride in the Silvan area. Nice tracks up there.

Hopefully there you'll find a local with a lot of local trail knowledge.

Can't help with the road rides though.

edit: I should also point out that I'd be happy to show you some trails myself, but I'm recovering with a slow healing broken wrist.

Last edited:

Fifteen.Hundred

Likes Dirt
The Trailmix Cafe operate social rides leaving their shop in Lysterfield park on Tuesday & Wednesday nights at 6:30.

The Tuesday night ride is Road & the Wednesday night ride is MTB. The group numbers can range from 5-15 and are generally a relaxed pace with a good bunch of people.

I sometimes get out there for the Wednesday night ride which goes for a couple of hours. You can expect to cover around 20km. At the moment however, you may still need lights for the tail end of the ride.

As for racing, in that area the closest would be the DirtRiders MTB club. Look up their website for event dates.

Hope this sets you off in the right direction.

Get Mounted

Likes Dirt
Hello mate, if you're still interested I could show you the local XC singletrack or DH runs sometime. PM me if you're keen.....

aokman

Squid
Howdy all :)

Newcomer to the forum here, been looking for some riding buddies for a while as i get more and more into downhill / trails. Would love it if anyone is interesting in joining up for some rides, im from Bayswater and im at Lysterfield whenever i can / a few tracks off the eastlink trails.

Last edited:

aokman

Squid
Weather is looking fantastic for Saturday aswell...will definately be there if anyone wants to meet up :)

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
Hey guys,

My partners just gotten into xc in the last few months and is seeking some guys to ride with.....were in montrose, unfortunatly i can be much of a riding buddy for him being 8 months pregnant :p

if anyones up to showing him some trails ie lysty, mt ev, mt D etc itd be great!

I'm new to the area and looking for riding buddies so would be up for someone to go out riding / exploring with. Know the trails at Lysterfield and You Yangs and investigating the Yarra Trails.

aokman

Squid
im happy to come out for somes rides if your keen, theres no real steep downhill stuff at lysterfield but i can bring out my hardtail for it as i ride down there anyway. there are also some nice trails off eastlink path near the tunnels but they are starting to overgrow...

Rodders

Likes Dirt
Hey Peoples,

I'm in the SE burbs so Lysterfield is my local but I like to venture out to Youies, etc for variety as well. Looking to expand my riding buddy base so let me know if your interested.

cheers

digbyj

Scooteria
Hey guys, in a similar boat, but a bit further out in Healesville.
I finish work between 2 and 3 so like to get out in the avo.
Happy to ride Buxton, Lake Mountain, Mt Ev, Yarra Trails, Lysterfield or anywhere in between!
If this suits anyone let me know...
To the ones it doesn't suit, looks like there's a bit of interest so if one of the organized rides doesn't suit, set a time and place and see who turns up!
Rode Mt Ev last night for the first time, bikes everywhere, and everyone keen for a chat!
Marcus

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
How many there last night approx Marcus?

edit...thought it was thursday yesterday...my mistake.