Looking for any carbon users.

Does anyone have any long term experience on carbon frames ?
How have the held up over time ?
I'm still a bit worried about crashing and destroying a frame, like a rock gouging the frame.
Does the frame feel different after time ?
Is it better then aluminum, now the initial shine has worn off ?
Any experiences would be great.

Last edited:

Staunch

Eats Squid
I've been riding a V10c for a bit over 2 years now.

The frame has help up fine, nothing wrong with it. Apart from normal small crashes I've had a brutal crash where I rag-dolled through rocks and I thought it would be game over.2013-12-20 15.08.21.jpg Simply wiped some dirt of the grazed 3M tape and there was no mark/dint/scratch/anything. Almost a year later and it's still fine. I took it to Whistler with me last year and it got 7 weeks of punching runs. I destroyed the frame bearings (which were replaced immediately) but the frame itself is fine. No play, no issues.

Feeling of the frame hasn't changed, it's still a shitload stiffer than alloy. For my next DH bike, whenever that may be, I'm not going to only look at carbon frames but I'll certainly give them a higher preference than alloy ones.

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
I rode and loved a Gt Fury WC for 3 and a half years and regularly crashed it.
The thing was burly and indestructible.
A few scratches, a couple of chips in the coating but no structural issues at all.
No change in ride quality, no dents - unlike aluminium bikes.
Sold now and hopefully rockin Townsville.

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Had my carbon Operator for just over a year now. Had a few stacks here and there, accidentally hucked a few things to flat, and have had 0 issues with the frame.

scblack

Leucocholic
Not MTB of course, but carbon has been used for many years longer in road frames. There is ZERO issues with road frames.

Of course they are not copping a beating like a DH bike, but they do crash of course and there is no systemic issues.

I've owned a couple of carbon roadies both perfect.

B Rabbit

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is a very blanket statement, but Carbon is stronger, lighter and better*

If you can afford it, do it.

Aside from that alloy is fine too :)

*This is a personal statement that is in no way backed up by fact or research ;)

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
If you are buying new any reputable brand should have a lifetime warranty anyway, so short of driving a truck over it they are designed to handle being used and abused.

the carbon frame quality is ok

i think you can use the carbon frame ,as i know the carbon frame use the T700,T1000.... carbon fiber.
they can use the more stronger ride ,such as the FR and the AM.
it is ok for you to use the carbon frame,