Looking for my virus...

S!C!E!R!

Banned
I have already searched for virus help and nothing helped because the people in the other threads already knew what the virus was but I don't...

So I have a virus that I am 99% sure was from downloading music via msn...

The person that the music was downloaded off has a mac so I was thinking that because he had a mac he didn't know that it had a virus in it and then when I recieved it with my PC it would go ahead and do what viruses do...

Now what this virus does is it shuts down msn whenever I talk to the person that sent me the songs... I'm not sure if this is also because of the virus but whenever I shut down my PC it updates Norton (which it should only do every few days or so) ...

ALSO; When I went into remove/add programs It showed msn as last used "30/3/08" which I knew wasn't true because I had used it after that date BUT the music downloaded on that date...

Now my question is how the fuck can I find this virus and remove it when I dont know where it could be and when it didn't even show up when I searched the whole PC with Norton?

THANK YOU FOR READING​

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Fark Norton. Get a real anti-virus instead, like AVG Free.

Also, from the F-Secure website:

There are no viruses to infect MP3 audio files.
So that's probably not how you got it.

mongoosedh

Banned
Is that all it does?

I'd try completely deleting everything to do with msn, then re-download the installer and install.

Zyphryss

Breaker of the unbreakable
Get a mac :p

I admit, I was the culprit of sending the file to S!C!E!R!
But I'm pretty sure that they wern't dodgey in anyway...
Maybe get some free anti virus software, as suggested by another Farkiner.

All the best :)

Spike-X

Grumpy Old Sarah
Oh, and I neglected to mention that if you install AVG, make sure you shut down Norton and tell it to not launch at startup. having two anti-virus programs running at once is a recipe for disaster.