Looking for: weekday downhillers in Wollongong

onedollarodent

Likes Dirt
Hey lads from the Gong,

Im looking for some riding mates who go to to Wollongong tracks (no names so as not to stir old arguments) during the weektime.

Im at uni and really want to enjoy the next half of my last year. Got a car and can organise to have a trailer on occassion.

Basically its just hard because my usual riding mates are working on the weekend. Its too hard to ride some of the longer DH style tracks and push back up.

Anyway, if theres anyone out there that rides during the week then please let me know so I have someone to pin with.

Cheers,
Carl

Ror

Likes Dirt
Hi mate. Im keen for a bit of midweek riding. Not sure what next sessions timetable is going to be like but I had a day and a bit off from uni this session.

McPete

Likes Dirt
I get Monday off every second week, so if you're heading out on those days, I'm keen. Do bear in mind that I'm slow as shit though :p

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Count me in...

I get lots of weekdays off...
This week wed and fri im free,
Next week thurs fri.

I also get a few mondays off too,

onedollarodent

Likes Dirt
Hey Nik and others,

Sounds good - all we need to do is organise a shuttle vehicle and we will be set for some riding then.

Im free all next week so it would be good to hook up a few rides.

McPete - are you off work next Monday? Ror?

Nik how about a ride next Thursday (19th)?

Others are welcome too - just want to shuttle some quality trails. Menai has no DH.

Cheers,
Carl

strauss

Likes Dirt
hey mate i get a few days off during the week as i do shift work. i have a van so be no probs getting up n down the mountain. (don't mind doing push runs either) and am always looking for someone to ride with. Pm me if you are intersted.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Yep, thurs 19th for sure.

as far as mondays go my next one off is monday 30th

I have ute, I can carry bikes but only two people, which is not much help.., Im working on getting a four door ute, prob wont be for a few months but...

Anyone free on this friday? (13th)

baker158

Likes Dirt
hey
i'm at uni too so my exams don't finish until next wednesday (speaking of which i should be studying) if there's still a spare seat i'm keen for thursday 19th though i won't be around after that because i'm going home for the session break.
james.

onedollarodent

Likes Dirt
Hey all seems like we've had a pretty good response from a few weekday-ers. Which is pretty awesome because riding on weekends really makes it hard to progress.

Anyway, so lets get to some riding as long as there's enough interest

We got:

Monday 16 June. Me & Strauss so far. Any other takers?
Thursday 19 June. Me & Nikmcc so far. Baker158 - you got a licence? Ror - would you be interested? Its after your exams :)

Keep up the interest so we can get a solid crew in

Ror

Likes Dirt
Im up for a ride on thursday 19th. I have my licence and could borrow a trailer to help with transport.

Matt- D8

Likes Dirt
Hey mate, this forums a good idear.
Im at tafe however i finish early at 11 on monday thursday and friday.
I have my exams coming up soon so it may prove difficult to find the time however holidays and onwards there wont be any dramas. I might be able to make it to this ride on the 16th ave to see what happens.

Plus i have added you to the "pm list" on my forum.

Cheers matt

baker158

Likes Dirt
i'm keen to try some tracks other than Mt kerra cause that is all i've ridden, having said that though i don't have a car so it would be good if i can get picked up or i can ride to your house as long as its not too far from Gwynneville.
As for time i'm easy i'm free all day.

onedollarodent

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone, some updates on the 2 rides next week.
Monday - Me, one of my mates, Strauss, McPete, Matt D8 (maybe)
Thursday - Ror, Baker158, Me, one of my mates, Nikmcc

Solid. 3 questions:

1. Where do you lads wanna ride?

2. Does anyone have a 5 seater that can tow a trailer?

3. Does anyone have a trailer? (Ror i believe you said you could access one?)

baker158

Likes Dirt
I'm easy i just enjoy riding, i'd like to ride some new tracks but if that doesn't happen its not the end of the world. like i said i don't have a car and hence no trailor either.

nikmcc

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone, some updates on the 2 rides next week.
Monday - Me, one of my mates, Strauss, McPete, Matt D8 (maybe)
Thursday - Ror, Baker158, Me, one of my mates, Nikmcc

Solid. 3 questions:

1. Where do you lads wanna ride?

2. Does anyone have a 5 seater that can tow a trailer?

3. Does anyone have a trailer? (Ror i believe you said you could access one?)
sweet, cant wait till thurs...
I'm easy as far as tracks go, cause it will be my first time down the gong.
I can carry maybe 4 or 5 bikes, but not people...

taibo

Eats Squid
ill be starting my new job in the coming weeks...should free up a lot of time.I can pretty much ride on short notice.
ive got a dual cab ute and can take upto 4 riders comfortably.