loop the lake

giant rock

Likes Bikes
Is their anyone here doing the loop the lake this year. I am considering doing this ride but have only been riding for around 6mths. Can roughly do around 20- 30k/h and not sure wheather to do the full loop or just the 16km loop.

curlysurfer

Likes Dirt
Go for the distance!

Is their anyone here doing the loop the lake this year. I am considering doing this ride but have only been riding for around 6mths. Can roughly do around 20- 30k/h and not sure wheather to do the full loop or just the 16km loop.
Do it mate, I am for the first time this year, after doing a few other similar length rides, like the Century Challenge, and a local circuit my way. I reckon double what you normally ride then it'll be a challenge for you. Think of it as a training ride/determine a max endurance, then all other rides will be insignificant in comparison! Just don't go too hard for the first half then up the rhythm on the second leg.

I'll be the guy sweating and puffing it out, without being too obvious about drafting the better peddlers! :rolleyes:

Rob

black4tress

Likes Dirt
I'm in for the full loop with a few other mates. Will have to get up at about 4.30 just to get there by 7am. Coming for Sydney.

Blotto

Likes Dirt
well I did the full loop and it was the first time a ridden more than probably 30km's on anybike, and I loved it. My arse hurts like hell but I had a ball flying around with my mates. Looking back, I may have gone a little too hard at the start. I just got caught up with the atmosphere and all the riders doing to same loop all once-trying to keep up with the fast guys tired me out a bit.

My advice to anyone who is thinking of doing this kind of event is to just do it. I had so much fun and as long as you eat and drink well before, during and after the event, you'll have no worries (apart from a sore rear end!). So get out there and enjoy the ride!

ronster44

Likes Dirt
Yer I had a ball did the 85km in 2hrs 35 min it was a top day, Does any one know how many riders did it?

black4tress

Likes Dirt
Yer I had a ball did the 85km in 2hrs 35 min it was a top day, Does any one know how many riders did it?
It was more like 88kms but anyhow thats pretty quick. I did it in 3.05hours.

I had a look around I think I saw entry number 2800 as the highest so 3000 might be a good guess.

Great day out but not as scenic as I thought it would be - Gong ride is more scenic and a tougher ride. I was expecting to ride along the lake for most of it but it seemed like only the beginning and end was along the lake.

Will still prob do it again next year.

curlysurfer

Likes Dirt
My 'puter said I had a ride time of 3:22, plus fixing 3 flats, which included having to borrow pumps as my one shagged it out, waiting for my mate at the rest stops, blew it out to 4:25.
will post a quicker time when things go my way maybe.

I had a freaking great time, the rolling hills from Gwandalan through to Swansea my fave. Will be doing again, maybe even soon.

giant rock

Likes Bikes
Well I have crossed another goal of my list of achievements. I did the full loop in 5hrs and loved every minute of it. Next year I shall be faster and a stronger rider. Hey Ronster maybe I could get some training tips of you seeing as you don't live to far from me.... What a great day is all I can say I nearly cried when I reached the finish

giant rock

Likes Bikes
No I ride with another lady on Saturday morning. Funny thing that Saturday group ride. The ride leader that we had decided that it didn't fit in with his fitness regime and was not going to do it anymore. Now he has decided to be the Saturday ride leader again. Don't think he knows what he really wants to do hahaha... What have you been up to?????

ronster44

Likes Dirt
I had a break from riding due to a lower back injury before Christmas, but I`m back doing the 2wi ride on saturday morning I leave at 6.10 in the morning mite see you on the road one day.

giant rock

Likes Bikes
Do you know of any good Sunday rides??? Doing a ride tomorrow with my other friend that I ride with on Saturday's. Thinking I may have to start to do some Saturday morning bunch rides though ie Hadley's or maybe 2wi. Do you ride any other day besides Saturday morning????

ronster44

Likes Dirt
Yer I ride most arternoons a mix of road and mountain bike uselly leave home 4.30 to 5.00 as for Sunday rides I manly do mtb Clenrock or awaba or Ourimbah. If you would like to do a Sunday ride pm me allways lookin for someone to ride with.
Ps I can`t ride this Sunday as I have my Daughter.
Cheers Ron

diver1

Likes Bikes
bumping this old thread instead of starting a new one (thats beter isnt it?) anyway havent rode much since wollombi wild ride 45km which was unreal!! was thinking of doing the loop the lake 50km (on my giant anthem) just to give me something to train towards to get rid of this beer gut ive accumulated since after wollombi lol, anyone else do it or is it just for the road guys? i dont really like road roading that much because of the dangers with cars etc but with a heap of people it might be different, and at least itl get me off my arse. just realised this is the road section, i did a search and just posted lol

Last edited: