Lopes ....A line......holy sh......

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It was a bit suss that the vid was sped up so I did some research.

From http://www.crankworx.com/whistler/media/press-releases/133

"Lopes, claimed first with a time of 4:15.69"

On the video his run starts about 9 seconds in. He crosses the line around 4:28 so that run (apart from the edit mid way...anyone ridden A line confirm how much was chopped out there ? ) works out to be around 4:19. Slower than his winning run. Was that guy infront of him in the first half slowing him down ? Most likely !

Video sped up ? Possibly not.

jrewing

Eats Squid
Nah thats legit. He was chasing Bryn doing a practise race run. If you look outwards it seems slower slightly. Those berms are super high speed too. The bit through the forest(tech section) seems too fast to believe tho, but i watched the pros for their lines through there and they are stupidly fast. That french lezzo Ragot(?) was as fast as the guys through there.
Depressing...much?

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Depressing...much?
Let's count the other ways that Lopes puts the rest of us to shame:

1. Stupidly quick run on the air DH
2. His 6th consecutive win on the Air DH at Whistler Crankworx
3. He managed to win despite passing a large group of guys in full nude next to the track. Not sure about you, but I'd probably crash following a distraction like that.
4. He's 39 - admittedly not that old in the real world, but considering the age of a lot of the big riders these days he's practically a grandpa.

On the other hand, he comes across as a pretty down to earth guy with a good sense of humour, quote from an interview post winning run, "If there's naked girls on track next year I might slow down.."

In any case, I'll be happy if I'm riding even half as fast as that in 16 years time.

I'm going to take my man crush and leave now...

dcrofty

Eats Squid
On the other hand, he comes across as a pretty down to earth guy with a good sense of humour, quote from an interview post winning run, "If there's naked girls on track next year I might slow down.."
Yeah, without being rude he's not and, given how intense and focused he is, I doubt he'd notice nude supermodels flashing him.