LORDGUN?

BT180

Max Pfaff
Anyone used https://www.lordgun.com.au/ before? Been pricing up an X01 derailleur and they're much cheaper on this site. Looks like they're coming out of the UK though? FedEx, DHL, etc shipping options definitely suggest OS.

I can get all the way to typing in my CC details and there's been no geoblock warning for the SRAM stuff.

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Maybe Paypal it? You'll get your money back if they are bogus.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Anyone used https://www.lordgun.com.au/ before? Been pricing up an X01 derailleur and they're much cheaper on this site. Looks like they're coming out of the UK though? FedEx, DHL, etc shipping options definitely suggest OS.

I can get all the way to typing in my CC details and there's been no geoblock warning for the SRAM stuff.
Buy a GX and get the XO1 B bolt kit ;)

Flow-Rider

Burner
Yup, a bit more digging and I've seen people commenting that shipping is from Italy. But looks like they're shipping SRAM stuff??
Buying Sram stuff from Australia is really starting to piss me off, I've been screwing around with a suspension shop for 3 days of 'to and fro' with emails when I could have just bought the parts overseas online for less and most likely quicker as the suspension shop here doesn't even stock them. I might write Sram Australia a very nice letter to GO GET FUCKED with their rip-off prices and weeks of waiting time to get simple parts here and I'm going to deliberately avoid their products even if the others costs more.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just checked it out and you're right, the SRAM stuff is considerably cheaper than from the local guys. They do warn about possibly import taxes when sending to Australia so who knows. But prices remind me of the glory days of EU ordering.

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Just checked prices for two Vittoria 29 tyres, just under $60 each, which is pretty competitive.

Freight was $70

I think that's the catch

BT180

Max Pfaff
Yeah, only freight with the likes of DHL, FedEx, etc. Still if the bargain is big enough, like the X01 RD I was looking at, it's still much cheaper.

I'm just hoping someone else has been the guinea pig.

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Full XT 12spd group for less than 1k. No microspline adapter's though so you'd have to source that locally. Forks are pricier than local but drivetrain stuff is much cheaper, both SRAM and Shimano

jackybhoi

Cannon Fodder
I did some googling and couldn't find anyone who had actually ordered from Lordgun in Australia, so I gave it a crack and thought I'd post up how it went for anyone else who may be considering it. I purchased a bunch of 12 speed Shimano stuff:
  • XT bottom bracker
  • SLX derailleur
  • SLX chain
  • XT cassette
  • DT swiss free hub body + cap
  • XT brakeset

I didn't need a full groupset. The total cost was $797.77. I paid with PayPal which was a $25ish surcharge and also extra for Australia Post delivery to a parcel locker, about $80. I ordered on 02/02 and my parcel was ready for pick up from AusPost this morning, 10/02. There were no additional import or agent etc fees.

The components were well packed to prevent damage. There was a 50/50 mix of retail packaging and OEM/wholesale. I saved maybe $60 over buying local (although this would have been $100+ using other payment and delivery methods). Would consider doing it again but would have to be a large order for well priced items. Cheers.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Nice one, thanks for being a guinea pig! Glad it's legit. I think the main issue may arise if there is a need to return something.

Would also be good to confirm SRAM shipping to Aus.