Loss of memory after crash.

mumbleman

Likes Dirt
Hey everybody,
just wondering how many other people have suffered memory loss after a crash.
I was riding xc on Sunday and crashed when I went over a dirt mound the motor boys have obviously been over before. It was on a down hill section and it was about 3/4 metre high. I was doing about 27kmh (got that from gps later) As i got half way up I realised that there was no dirt any more on the back side to land on, someone had removed it so it dropped away.
Anyway I can remember thinking shit thats not what I expected, then I remember grinding my hip into the gravel and the bike away from me, (oh and the pain). But I cant remember the usual heart in mouth adrenalin rush when you know you are going to crash, no wobbles or going over the bars or dropping the bike sideways, it must of happened though. Don't think I banged my head.
Its only seconds I cant remember but I am curious if others have had this happen as well.

NASHWORTH

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I lost a whole weeks worth of memory after a crash I had, landed on my back/neck after riding into some box thorn at speed (rag dolled 20m to the bottom of the hill as well). I was asking the same questions every 5 seconds and could only remember a couple of things from that day (P.E at school). It was pretty messed up but my mates did an awesome job of looking after me.

AMBURGERS

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I lost a whole weeks worth of memory after a crash I had, landed on my back/neck after riding into some box thorn at speed (rag dolled 20m to the bottom of the hill as well). I was asking the same questions every 5 seconds and could only remember a couple of things from that day (P.E at school). It was pretty messed up but my mates did an awesome job of looking after me.
CRASHWORTH!

i don't think i have ever lost any memory after a crash, from what i can remember anyway.. :rolleyes:

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Its only seconds I cant remember but I am curious if others have had this happen as well.
Yea, I wouldnt worry about it too much then, although I find I remember exactly every bit of my crashes

my_bike

Likes Dirt
You still don't know how you got that scar too I guess...

wertmewert

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Its pritty normal I think. Not because you hit head just because it was fastish and you were probably distracted. Think and play over what happened, I will come back to you. Mine slowly has From Sunday.

Cheers

Richo 18

Likes Bikes and Dirt
chyeah, when I crashed I only remember getting there and doing the jump before the one I crashed on. Stuff comes back every once in a while though. Took 4 months to remember the point where my mouth, eyes, and face were all full of dirt, couldn't feel/see anything but Mum had gotten there and I was telling her I was sorry for all the shit I'd ever done cause I thought I was a goner. The upside is I don't remember any of the pain. Apparently I was complaining a lot at the time, but I didn't remember any of it once I got to hospital.

who...?

Likes Dirt
When i crash and dont remember it dose not worry me because i dont
remember shit anyway hahahaha.

I do remember one crash i had and it was the worst one. The only thing i
dont remember about it was the spit second when my face smashed open on
a tree but other then that i remember ever thing from a split second befor it
happened to the sight of all blood after it hapened and going to the vet ( Yes
the vet. It was only down the road and they fixed me up really good. No
scars.)

Even tho iv had alot of crashed and some bad ones i never think about it
after. The only thing that still replays in my mind is the really bad car crash i
had.

pascal

Likes Dirt
Yeh, when I had a crash down at Sandy dirt jumps i just remember thinking 'gee, this is gonna hurt' and then woke up in hospital :S lol

I was walking around and talking after I stacked (according to mates) but i don't remember any of it...

Wooly

Likes Dirt
A crash ive had (without helmet:eek:), i remember going up the jump, but not landing. and I could see faint green splodges everywhere.

that means i had concussion:rolleyes:.

oh and apparently if you hit your head hard enough, to the point of being blinded by green your rapidly losing brain fluid:).

cluster

Likes Dirt
I had a crash a while back at falls ck, landed on my head from 3+ metres up.:eek: Didn't lose any memory, but the right side of my jaw now makes a small 'click' noise whenever I chew on the left side of my mouth...
Chewing gum gets a bit annoying sometimes.
"click, click, click"...:mad:

quiggs

Likes Dirt
I can put my hand up for this one.
doin hill repeats and after a few cautious rolls down started feeling confident with my lines particularly off a 3-4 ft drop. Well on the last decent remember coming off the drop, then next thing I remember lying in hospital in a hard collar. Thanks to the gps I was able to fill in the gaps, stationary for 2 1/2mins then walked for a minute then got back on the bike getting up to 40kph thru 2 roundabouts before getting home and saying to my wife I think l'm dreaming and have come off my bike!

Was ticking along at 43kph when I came off, no bike damage (surprisingly), highly recommend Easton Monkey lite bars for impact resistance. Destroyed helmet completely split in 2. Collar bone broken in 3 places and now shares body space with a plate and 12 screws.

brindog

Likes Dirt
[snip].......happened and going to the vet ( Yes
the vet. It was only down the road and they fixed me up really good. No
scars.)

------

Yeah I don't remember much when Im about to crash or crashing, I think because its a "in the moment kind of thing" when your just thinking oh shit, hows this going to end up, kinda stop thinking and hope for the best.
I've never had a heaps bad crash, with the crashes I have had, I don't really remember a few seconds of them. Even the times when I'm out of control, not being able to stop, I can't remember bits of it, too busy trying to pull out/stop.

Trevor_S

Likes Dirt
I can pretty much remember when I think "Ah shit" then when hitting the deck, not much in between.....
What people say or think as they know they are about to hit the ground is probably worth an entire thread in itself I seem to always say " This is gunna hurt !" just before a nasty off. Perhaps I just like to state the obvious ?

Wednesday

Likes Dirt
The best ive done is coming off/destroying my R1 racebike at Phillip Island on a track day. I lost it on turn one, hit the deck hard and did the usual rag doll over the grass move which left me unconcious for 1-2 minutes.
I was taken to hospital yada yada but dont remember an absolute thing whick was great!
But best of it all was that i had partial amnesia for nearly 2 weeks after that. Needless to say i drove my girlfriend up the absolute f#cking wall.