Low pressure floor pump

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm in the market for a new floor pump. My old one went haywire at Buller earlier in the year, and the old squeeze test indicator isn't accurate enough.
I'm keen on the idea of a low pressure gauge, (up to 60psi) and there don't seem to be too many options that are affordable.

So far I like the look of:
- Specialized Air Tool MTB looks good with it's 40psi gauge, but won't be enough for my jump bike or bmx.
https://www.specialized.com/au/en/a...596?searchText=47219-2500&color=271828-156596
- Topeak JoeBlow Mountain . 60psi
https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/41-Floor-Pumps/347-joeblow--mountain
- Topeak JoeBlow Duallie. Dual gauge 30psi/75psi.
https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/41-Floor-Pumps/845-JOEBLOW-DUALIE

What floor pumps are others using and would recommend?

Last edited:

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Is it just the gauge that’s the problem? If so, maybe get a small digital gauge rather than a new pump?

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My currrent pump is just a cheapo, and several years old now. Not worth repairing or upgrading.
I'm wanting something nicer, more accurate that will last many more years, and won't break the bank.

dropotaro

Likes Dirt
I have an older JoeBlow that has been pretty great. Gets used a fair bit and I've never had a problem with it. I have even managed to seat tubeless tyres with it. I did get a separate tyre gauge and the according to the new gauge the pump reads 5psi higher consistently.

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Not sure if the Bike24 group buy happened yet, but the new Topeak JoeBlow Mountain 2 from OS works out at $65ish versus $110+

Leaves some cash to buy a tyre pressure gauge as well

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Topeak and Lezyne have replaceable parts. I've had a steel barrelled Lezyne forever. It's on it's second gauge but otherwise will probably keep pumping until the end of time. In theory, the digital ones should be even more reliable, but batteries.

Lezyne do high volume, lowish pressure models too.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

creaky

XMAS Plumper
Lezyne have replaceable parts. I've had a steel barrelled Lezyne forever. It's on it's second gauge
I’ve got a fancy lezyne gauge pump. Nice pump. The first gauge, whilst accurate, died after about 12 months (not reading at all). Got a replacement gauge but it was reading way out, plus some numpty loctited it on facing the wrong way…
Bought another gauge which was also out by about 5psi.

All good as it’s a nice pump. I just use my Topeak digi gauge now.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The digi gauges are the best. Accurate to 1psi and in theory they are more reliable due to solid state pressure sensor.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Not sure if the Bike24 group buy happened yet, but the new Topeak JoeBlow Mountain 2 from OS works out at $65ish versus $110+

Leaves some cash to buy a tyre pressure gauge as well
Was just about to place a bike24 order - can’t see a JoeBlow Mountain there?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Lezyne digital sport drive for MTB.

Also have a Lezyne digital pressure drive for road/gravel/mtb.

Will buy a Lezyne shock drive pump at some stage when supply/cost becomes right. Can pump a shock or fork up in seconds to a digital displayed pressure in a few strokes with a full sized floor pump = GOLD !

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Topeak’s Tubihead idea looks great.

Presta valve head that removes the valve core, let’s you fill the tire with air and reinstall the valve core, all while pressurised.

Comes on some new pump and as an upgrade kit.

Live2DieTrying

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have decided on the JoeBlow mountain x. Affordable, and 60psi gauge should be enough for all of my bikes. I don't want to use 2 separate tools to set my tyre pressures, just need a reliable pump