Lower Blue Mountains DH

mxdame

Likes Dirt
Whats the lower blue mountain's like for riding DH these days? I know it was a bit of a mecca in years gone by, but never hear much about it anymore, besides the knapsack track. Is there more to ride besides that track? I have a vested interest as I am moving to the area.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
in those hazey memories of the olden times....are you referring to trails that apparently linked two towns via their train stations and were able to be shuttled with the train? if so, i too have long wondered what happened to them and would like to return if they still function.

mxdame

Likes Dirt
That sounds exactly like the place, as I am sure there was talked of train shuttles. It was before my time, but a mate of mine use to ride there a lot & go on about how good it was. There was a decent rd gap there too (if its in the same place) where he had a pic of himself jumping his ute.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
A brief history
The Old Bathurst rd trails, which were able to be shuttled by catching the hourly train from Emu plains up to Glenbrook with a bit of pedaling thrown in, were officially shut down just as they looked to gain the nod of approval (council had already engaged riders in some semiofficial maintenance days) ... After other trails popped back into existence and pissed off the locals there was a massive push to ban all trails on the Escarpment and Old Bat became a victim of that

Luckily the Knapsack trail was already written in management plans so the BMORC guys had a bit to leverage off.

As it stands Knapsack is the only official DH trail in the lower mountains. Any other trail that may or may not exist is best left unspoken about on open forums.