lowering Fox 2009 32 Float RLC

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So is it possible to lower them from 140mm to somewhere around the 100mm mark? I found a pair cheap and would like them for my 4X bike and 140mm travel is to much

Tony

Smacks

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Floats can (I think) be lowered to any amount of travel.

However, I wouldn't have a clue how to do it.

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Spacers are the easy way... very easy, just open up the air leg, no need to touch the right side.
Check the Fox service site for details, though it might be a good chance to learn how to give the whole thing a service ;)

Mr_hANky

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for the help. Im stuck as to where i can get some spacers? Is it possible to use PVC pipe?

Davo94

Likes Dirt
Spacers are the easy way... very easy, just open up the air leg, no need to touch the right side.
Check the Fox service site for details, though it might be a good chance to learn how to give the whole thing a service ;)
What's the hard way? :confused::confused::confused:

pipes10

Likes Bikes
The hard way would be to remove the air top out plate by punching through its pin and setting in at one of the other 2 predrilled holes in the shaft. For some travel reductions this would mean you would have to drill a new hole in the shaft.

b_S

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's the one, you can shuttle the stop between different holes by knocking out the roll pin, only takes a few seconds more (hint, clamp a 3mm allen key in a vice to use as a punch).