Lowering manitou nixons?

frostbite

Likes Dirt
Hi,
Im wondering if its easy to lower a set of manitou nixon elites ('06)? I have searched, didnt find anything specific to these forks and Im not really up to speed with this stuff so I'd rather check before putting money down.

They are the ones with the 115-145 travel adjustment. I'd want to drop them to something like 90-100mm and still keep the travel adjustment feature (eg 100-130mm). Is this possible?
Cheers,
Fil.

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Its possible but it will be difficult. It would be fairly easy to fix the travel at 100mm with the use of spacers and what not...but you would loose the travel adjustment feature...and its just unused weight...

You may be able to drop in an older Minute/Sherman RTWD adjustment unit (100-130mm) into your fork...if you can a) find one and b) fit it...but it would be pretty difficult. Rik managed to retrofit a Psylo U-turn unit into a Manitou Sherman fork...he may have som ideas (see this thread), otherwise, enquire here. (AngryAsian is some dude dedicated to learning everything about everyfork...browse the forum or even just drop him an email. He has helped me out on a few occations...great bloke!)

Good luck!