what you wear?

• lycra FTW

Votes: 46 36.2%
  • baggies

Votes: 81 63.8%

• Total voters

Raw Toast Man

Likes Bikes and Dirt
well a mate and i are having an arguement over this.
he reckons im teh bestest for wearing lycra for XC riding and i reckon he is silly for wearing baggies.
what do you wear for XC riding?

Last edited:

Matt H

Eats Squid
I'd probably remove the word "gay" from your post if I were you.

From a comfort point of view lyrcra is miles in front of baggies. They won't do jack in a crash though.

bitterbro

Likes Dirt
Lycra any day of the week! Firstly, with your seat higher, you're less prone to getting your 'baggys' snagged when you lean back down a steep section. 'Snaggage' on the seat wearing 'baggy's' sucks alot as it results in a fall down sideways. Secondly, grinding up hills, the padding makes it super comfy and like a superhero

you only wear baggies if you're totally rad and wanna impress the girlies

RCOH

Eats Squid
well a mate and i are having an arguement over this.
he reckons im teh bestest for wearing lycra for XC riding and i reckon he is silly for wearing baggies.

It isn't an arguement if you both agree.

I wear lycra under not-too-baggies.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
I've always worn lycra under baggies. Bit hot here in Perth sometimes but it avoids looking like roadie.. :p

k3n!f

leaking out the other end
Function=Lycra
Fashion=Baggies

Just depends where your priorities are.

(I'm a lycra kind of guy because I couldn't give a rats what I look like when I'm riding and I think its in the best interest of "my boys")

Woodsie

Likes Dirt
I'm in the baggies over lycra club.

I'm sorry, but guys should never be seen in public wearing lycra. :p My attitudes here are being strengthened by living in Switzerland, where the Europeans paint on the lycra at the first opportunity. I am learning far more about male anatomy than I ever wanted to know. :eek:

At least, on the whole, people are in pretty good shape here, so I don't get the common Australian sight of fat, middle aged roadies in skin tight lycra.

BM Epic

Eats Squid
Baggies for me.
By the way,what does teh bestest mean,i see this all the time and can't help but wonder "what is teh"?

Macr

Likes Dirt
It depends on what I am doing. So far all my baggies have been pretty crap (Both Australian brands (Both had built in liners)), but I may look at NZO underliners with maybe MXO or Doobie baggies. I use lycra for road and if I know that I will be doing a long distance, as baggies generally become too uncomfortable.

Does anyone know of a company that makes a mesh style liner? This would make wearing baggies not so hot.

bazza

look at me
lycra is easier, comfier and cooler and its what i own. however i crash a lot. so my last pair now has a massive rip in them. poor giordana knicks, served me well.

Trizender

Likes Dirt
Lab-Gear baggies, commmando. So comfy whether it's a 30min ride or all day. Mesh panels too so the air flows nicely :D Problem is mine are too big for me now and Lab-Gear doesn't exist anymore.