VIC Lysterfield Park

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Great .just what lysterfield needs.I whole bunch of labourers that have absolutly no idea about track building to really fuck thing up a little more...Get tight with a small crew.get educated .do the home work and build it right.Good luck.
If you read through some of the management plans for Lysterfield & Churchill parks the answer is yeah. Not all prisoners are total bad arses and not all of em are locked away for life. Some minimal security blokes work up to 10 days a fortnight for minimal wages. Beats being cooped up in a detention centre all day everyday. I've come across 'chain gangs' before in the middle of nowhere cutting grass and removing blackberries etc etc around public shelters, BBQs. I've even had a yak with some of them and they aren't as hard arse as TV makes them out to be. I see the potential for a win win situation here, anything is better than the current sham that runs the joint.

Realmaf

Likes Bikes
Sorry Rimbot
What exactly does Lysterfield need??
Clearly the tight crew is so tight they're non-existent. They're un-educated (in trail building) because if they were educated this thread wouldn't have reamed on as long as it has. As a senior member who speaks as though you've got some almighty trail cutting knowledge maybe you could enlighten us all with your presence once in awhile. If not I suggest you go get tight with ya small ....., get ya crew together and do whatever it is tight small "crews" do.
People like ya'self are quick to knock alternative ideas but are unable or unwilling to offer anything in return.

trav

Likes Dirt
Sorry Rimbot
Clearly the tight crew is so tight they're non-existent. They're un-educated (in trail building) because if they were educated this thread wouldn't have reamed on as long as it has. As a senior member who speaks as though you've got some almighty trail cutting knowledge maybe you could enlighten us all with your presence once in awhile. If not I suggest you go get tight with ya small ....., get ya crew together and do whatever it is tight small "crews" do.
People like ya'self are quick to knock alternative ideas but are unable or unwilling to offer anything in return.
Eh RealMF,

Read Timbots post again he is giving some real good advise,no need to be a dick head about it.

benketch

Likes Bikes
Hi, I'm interested in helping with the lysterfield trail maintenance. When is the next trail work day? Any idea which track(s) are likely to be the focus of the next trail work? What was done at the last trail work day?

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
G'day Benketch,

Last trail day was 2 weeks ago, unfortuantly only 2 people turned up saturaday so we just did drainage on blair witch upper, and on sunday we were looking at the possibilty of a new track, I also went out on Friday and attemped to get ridd of some of the dangerous ruts near the top of the trig point climb on the commonwealth games track, and a bit further on.
Unforuantly as i was by myself i didn't get much done as the gound up there is full of really well packed gravel (so all pick work, and i'm a office worker thats not used to that kind of work:eek:) and i felt like it was 100 degrees

I'm not sure when the next trail day is on.... i think it will be the first weekend of December, keep your eyes on the trailmix website and this forum, i will post an update when it closer!

benketch

Likes Bikes
Thanks for the info. Yep, please post an update when the date of the next trail day is known. I have a few busy weekends in early December but I'd like to try and make it along if I can.

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
G'day Benketch,

Last trail day was 2 weeks ago, unfortuantly only 2 people turned up saturaday so we just did drainage on blair witch upper, and on sunday we were looking at the possibilty of a new track, I also went out on Friday and attemped to get ridd of some of the dangerous ruts near the top of the trig point climb on the commonwealth games track, and a bit further on.
Unforuantly as i was by myself i didn't get much done as the gound up there is full of really well packed gravel (so all pick work, and i'm a office worker thats not used to that kind of work:eek:) and i felt like it was 100 degrees
You just don't get it do you Andy, here you are talking about how hard maintenance is and in the same sentence you're talking about ANOTHER new track. Fix, upgrade and maintain the existing trail network first and foremost, stop the ideas of new trails. If more trails go into that joint it will be even more beyond repair and a complete joke.

And realmaf, he gave an idea to work on (small crew) which is way more sensible than a random idea to get convicts and criminals who have no idea on MTB trail construction to come and do what...? How can anyone construct something they care little for or know absolutely nothing about without a hell of a lot of guidance which clearly is not available. Is that the sort of trail you want to ride on? IMO Getting prisoners to come to Lysterfield for trail maintence is a shite idea.

The whole point of my original reply to this thread was to advise that the standard of trail building is not good, actually, it's really bad and those in charge should do some things to better their knowledge ie: at minimum read a few books ie: Trail Solutions for a start and stop creating the pile of shit that they are. Simple. That is what I did when I decided I wanted to learn how to build quality trails.

Last edited:

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
Wisey,

I get it "READ A BOOK"

Why do you feel the need to keep telling me that the work we are doing is shit? do you ride there often? if so please intoduce yourself to me i ride there very often, i ride a Enduro with hammershmitt, if not, why do you care? are you compensating for something? why do you feel the need to rubish people that are offering some help? (even if you do believe that there opinion is crap)

It is your opinion and as you dont ride there often or go to trail days it doesn't actualy count!!!

Did you not read my last post... after all the talk on this forum and my posts saying there was a trail day on there was only 2 volenteers???? So as i am giving up my days off work to get rid of ruts on a trail i don't ride often, i think my wish for more trails has more weight than your rants on a forum.

I dont think that the current trails are that bad except in one area and that has well documented issue (water) that can only be fixed with spending cash!

So from now on please try to keep your opinion constructive!!
Lysterfield will be the premium MTB venue for all displines at some point (it may be 20 years) the population densities dictate it. It has every thing there, and its just a matter of time and getting the MTB community to take ownership of it, untill that time i will be the person that is out there doing what i can to help, So when i'm out there by myself with pick in hand all day, i am always going to react to people like you that flame it because you have delusions of grandure!! (ie. you think your awesome and we are shit)

Last edited:

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey Andy,

You seem to be taking this rather personally and I'm not out to get you at all, the fact you give up your time to help out is great but Andy, you obvioulsy don't make any descisions out there and my opinion is directed at those who do, not you ( Except when you make comments about new tracks ).

My statements relate to the general state of the tracks out there and the standard of building that goes on. Trust me, I have recieved several PM's from people in the know at Lysterfield, some of them have been heavily invloved in building there in the past ( people you know ) and all totally agree with me, there is no direction at all and the trails are in poor condition.

My criticism has been constructive as far as I'm concerned so you can take it any way you like. I ride Lysterfield maybe 3 times a month, have done for 5 years and know the place intimately.

This is the last time I will post in this thread.

Timbot

Likes Dirt
Sorry Rimbot
Thanks for your sincere reply buddy.Ha ha.My track work speaks for itself.The mattock and shovel are my weapons and i wield them with great accuracy ,always being mindful of flow,envionment and drainage.Your attitude must change if you are to evolve young grasshopper.

Realmaf

Likes Bikes
Hi, I'm interested in helping with the lysterfield trail maintenance. When is the next trail work day? Any idea which track(s) are likely to be the focus of the next trail work? What was done at the last trail work day?
What was done at the last trail work day?

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
trail day

This weekend is a trail weekend at Lysty (5th of December), 10am at trailmix both days
Looking forward to seeing you there!!!

Realmaf, see previous post for what we did last time

fop1

Likes Bikes
hey ando, you gonna be there most of sunday? cant make it in the morning, but possibly in the afternoon, i feel bad that i have never come and given a hand.

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
G'day Fop,

I will definately be there sat morn', i'm not commiting to Sunday, depending on how i feel i'm probably just goin' for a ride! ( i might go tbuilding) but someone will be going out for sure, Just give me a buz or txt when you get there, i will tell you where we/they are!

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
Trail building has been post-poned untill next weekend (12th & 13th)
Have a look on the trailmix website as to why!

ando_assi

Likes Dirt
Trailbuilding has been postponed, keep an eye on the trailbuilding section of the trailmix forum, some exciting stuff!!!