Lysterfield Park

James341

Cannon Fodder
Hey guys

has any one been riding at lysterfield Park i here is is meant to be pretty good?

james:)

nick

Likes Dirt
Lysterfield is great if you want to do xc. but you wouldnt enjoy it much if your after something bit more adrenaline rushing. Dandenongs and Warrandyte are nearby DH tracks. And well dj's are pretty common. hope this helps.

LLuLukLuke

Likes Bikes
Lysterfield

Its a great endurance and XC track with some tight single track (good dirt for rolling too!) and open trails.
The Commonwealth games mountain biking was held there... it has no jumps, rather mounds that are tackled as "obstacles."
If you don't want to get tired, it's not for you.
If your looking for trails with jumps, as stated above, try the Dandenongs or You-Yangs. Alternatively; a bmx track.:)

singlespeed4life

Likes Bikes
I rode there the night they had the trials for the 2006 commonwealth games, it was awesome. Went back a month later and the track was stuffed, ruts and holes all through it. It would be a good track if it was designed better or better maintained. Fairly challenging rock garden and a really fun downhill section. Worth the effort, it's hard work but good fun.

L.P.

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Fun downhill section aye? how fun
not fun enough to ride a downhill bike into there.

i like it... but would never push my downhill rig there. i hit it all on a rigid singlespeed xc bike, if that gives you an indication of how tame it is...