Mac Games

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
To all the Mac users on Farkin, what games can you run on Macs? I've found that Warcraft 3 works but that's about it. I don't want to turn my Mac into a PC so don't say it, I already have one.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I believe world of warcraft can also be run on mac, along with most blizzard games, starcraft, diablo (a great game, played that for a few years)..Maybe the tom clancys games to. :)

LordNikon

Uber Geek
I run World of Warcraft on my Mac laptop with every setting max'd, at 1680 x 1050 resolution, and it's seamless.

I challenge anyone to run WoW and get better results on any PC laptop for sub $5k.

As for the actual topic at hand, most blizz games will work. All the SIM games, they were originally developed for MAC ONLY btw.

I can't think of any others, but they're definitely out there.

Triggs

Likes Bikes
"Bahahahahha, amcs are teh shittttttie!1"
I never said that. I like macs, just for gaming though? The only things i use macs for are html coding, photoshop, flash and video editing. Everything gaming goes on the pc.

As for games on mac, most blizzard games will run, and if you really want to game grab a copy of virtualpc i think it's called, pretty sure it works on mac.

hardinge915

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I run World of Warcraft on my Mac laptop with every setting max'd, at 1680 x 1050 resolution, and it's seamless.

I challenge anyone to run WoW and get better results on any PC laptop for sub $5k.

As for the actual topic at hand, most blizz games will work. All the SIM games, they were originally developed for MAC ONLY btw.

I can't think of any others, but they're definitely out there.
Ill take the challenge once I'm back in holidays ill re-install it, patch it and buy me a game-card..

fattyandthepiemakers

I ride an STP
For the record I have a PC which I use for my games. I'm only curious about this because I would like to get a LAN going between the two computers/use when I'm bored between lectures.

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
the sims one does....
My friends little sister has it on the family mac.
but you have to buy the mac specific sims disc.
If only you could have a sims family lan game!
yay
If you have a more recent mac with the bootcamp thing, you cuold always have games on the windows...side. ??
edit..again; http://www.apple.com/games/

Last edited:

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
America's Army!

Best free game ever, very very addictive aswell

Here is a link to the full version down load
I'm downloading it now. Tried to run it when i had a PC but thing was too slow.

Lets see how it goes on my new 24" iMac:D

the sims one does....
My friends little sister has it on the family mac.
but you have to buy the mac specific sims disc.
If only you could have a sims family lan game!
yay
If you have a more recent mac with the bootcamp thing, you cuold always have games on the windows...side. ??
edit..again; http://www.apple.com/games/
Great link there. I'm looking through it now.

Jeebus

Likes Dirt
its roller coaster tycoon 3. its pretty cool with the 3d graphics and that stuff. but it doesnt run full screen with a 24' iMac on the highest resolution tho...

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
im running 1920 x 1200.
i got the upgraded graphics card, it was worth the money.
Ok I think I've got it somewhere, I'll try and find it and see how it goes.

I've got upgraded graphics card and ram but I probably won't be able to run it fulll screen still

Jeebus

Likes Dirt
Ok I think I've got it somewhere, I'll try and find it and see how it goes.

I've got upgraded graphics card and ram but I probably won't be able to run it fulll screen still
how you liking your iMac?
im loving mine, espically when the video ram is as big as the whole ram on the old computer hahaha.

i heard this year that all the EA games are coming out on mac and so its need for speed: carbon.

Wake Jake

Eats Squid
how you liking your iMac?
im loving mine, espically when the video ram is as big as the whole ram on the old computer hahaha.

i heard this year that all the EA games are coming out on mac and so its need for speed: carbon.
I love it so much faster and cleaner than Windows. 500GB HD compared to my old PC which had 60GB.

Good to hear EA is doing that, can't wait;)