MAc Ride Early Development Childhood development

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
I might be interested in giving it a try, problem is if the daughter loves it an I can't get my hands on one permenantly there will be he'll to pay.

donny70

Likes Dirt
I think this is a fantastic idea that will give my boy a love of cycling and adventure. Hopefully not a love of going DH or my wife will kill me :)

Zubanoid

Likes Bikes
Mac Ride - Kickstarter project

Hi all,

I came across a really cool product idea for a kids bike seat called Mac Ride.

They are trying to get the product off the ground so they can start making them and selling them.

As you can see, the seat is for older kids and they hold on the handlbars. I am keen to get one of these but they need funding support. I could only chuck in $20 but if you are keen to help them out you get a seat for contributions over a certain amount.

Check out the link to the Kickstarter project here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ridemore/mac-ride-a-unique-child-seat-for-adult-mountain-bi

Here's the official site: http://www.mac-ride.com/

Cheers

Zubanoid
download.jpg
DSC03655.jpg
DSC03576.jpg

ChopSticks

Banned
not a parent myself... but could/would NEVER see myself letting my kid onto the bike like that.... not on an MTB

I cant guarantee not falling/hurting myself.... why risk having your child there.
if you want the kids to ride with you... stick on the foot paths with a trailer/proper seat with belts, until they are old enough to ride themselves --> progress onto the trails

IMO... its just irresponsible to let your kid saddle the TT and go MTB'ing

edit: great design/intentions... just a bad idea IMO
I can already see issues with people running dropper posts (looks like a bike rack adaptor bar design)
Realistically.. what sort of terrain WOULD you ride with the kid on the bike like that?
let us assume you reach a rock garden (entertain me) I can see issues with the wheels catching the kids foot when fork bottoms out when fork isnt straight.

another thing just occurred to me while looking at the pictures.... how do you steer? looks like handlebar movement is severely limited by the foot support?

Last edited:

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I want one ASAP.
If your too stupid to not be safe with kids, then don't have kids.
I bought a tag along trailer and it shook the absolute shit out of my baby. Highly not recommended. It was an expensive one and I let tyres to below ten PSI, still every pavement joint shook her bad.
Now have a handle bar/steerer tube mounted seat, and it's way better. She's above the suspension and I can see her head and how much it wobbles. I can also fully sacrifice myself as a human shield if worse came to worse, but I never allow opportunity to arise. Mate got a behind the seat baby rack, squashed the baby with a backpack first ride and had no idea how much he was shaking her over small bumps. Them and trailers should be illegal IMO.
She's 1.5 now, and will be ready for this new seat thing within six months I reckon.
I'll make one myself if this doesn't float. Get behind it peeps. Even if it is going to kill off some dumb kids ;-)

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've always thought people who put their kids on a bike and assume it's safe enough because they (the rider) feels confident enough that nothing will happen are naive and stupid. I couldn't care less how competent you think you are, the chances of something so bad happening are massive. Why would you put your child at risk like that? This sort of shit should not be allowed to be produced.

C0na

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Whats going to stop the kid from smacking his face into the stem? I see no real restraint whatsoever. The more I look at this the more I realize how stupid it is.... I doubt this will get ASNZS certification.

rone

Eats Squid
I want one ASAP.
If your too stupid to not be safe with kids, then don't have kids.
I bought a tag along trailer and it shook the absolute shit out of my baby. Highly not recommended. It was an expensive one and I let tyres to below ten PSI, still every pavement joint shook her bad.
Now have a handle bar/steerer tube mounted seat, and it's way better. She's above the suspension and I can see her head and how much it wobbles. I can also fully sacrifice myself as a human shield if worse came to worse, but I never allow opportunity to arise. Mate got a behind the seat baby rack, squashed the baby with a backpack first ride and had no idea how much he was shaking her over small bumps. Them and trailers should be illegal IMO.
She's 1.5 now, and will be ready for this new seat thing within six months I reckon.
I'll make one myself if this doesn't float. Get behind it peeps. Even if it is going to kill off some dumb kids ;-)
This^. I'm surprised at the negativity towards it. If you're goint to put your kid on a bike then between your arms is the best place in the event of an accident. Rather that than on a trailer or even worse, a rear-mounted seat. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Calling for it to be banned is idiotic and whiffs of helicopter parenting.

Shredden

Knows his goats
New viral internet trend; volunteer to babysit someones kid and then ride the most fucked DH trail possible with the baby on the top tube.

I volunteer, I'll be hitting up Barjarg first. Anyone got a baby?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
New viral internet trend; volunteer to babysit someones kid and then ride the most fucked DH trail possible with the baby on the top tube.

I volunteer, I'll be hitting up Barjarg first. Anyone got a baby?
The girls will be impressed.

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
I've always thought people who put their kids on a bike and assume it's safe enough because they (the rider) feels confident enough that nothing will happen are naive and stupid. I couldn't care less how competent you think you are, the chances of something so bad happening are massive. Why would you put your child at risk like that? This sort of shit should not be allowed to be produced.
I feel more confident riding a bike with my toddler at arms reach than what I see with most parents ignorance with kids around cars etc.
How is this more dangerous than exposing your child to the whole population of car drivers whenever you take them in a car or near a road. I would only ride on smooth fire roads etc, away from traffic, cars and other dangers. I can't wait and I know my toddler can't either, she loves being on the bike. To each their own though.