Mackay track

I totaly agree on what your saying there that is my opinion to
and it also to the best of my knowlagde as to why the old cyclopath's Dh club folded is becauses of people including my self who was a member from 2005 to 2008 all moved away not because of the dh club or how it was being run or the politics going on but for work and honesty i found the cyclopaths dh club to be one of the best out ther
Marcia and the farmer how owns the property the track is on were very understanding letting ues the track on week days and even funding me with tools fuel and money to work on the track
it was only untill i stared to meet the so called xc guys ( ROB )that i found out how bad it was between the dh guy and xc guy and i realy dont think it going to change much cos thing were every dark in those day.
I bilt a drop at the tack at the harbour and i was aproched by a couple off xc guys and told how wrong and stupid it was and that dh suck and prety much told never to build anywere near or ride a dh bike on xc trail any were in the mackay region but thay wanted me to be a member of the new club when it starts up really?? i dont thinks so
give me the cyclopaths dh club any day.

my ten cents

Last edited:
Plus on the quiet side of thing the cyclopaths is still reconised as a working club by mtb australia so it realy
has not folded more like on life support waiting to come to life again.
and with the right people and conditions anything can happen but as was quoted in the other post dh track, race run by a xc club i really dont think so

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
Plus on the quiet side of thing the cyclopaths is still reconised as a working club by mtb australia so it realy
has not folded more like on life support waiting to come to life again.
and with the right people and conditions anything can happen but as was quoted in the other post dh track, race run by a xc club i really dont think so
Dude......finally!!!! I've been trying to get the truth out for a long time.........I was in it from 1996 or 7 onwards. I got burned real bad by MAD, it really is set up so a certain bike shop profits from it, Me and a few others had a combined 100 years of MTB experience and the newbys with NO experience made all the mistakes they were warned about we soon foud out it was their club not ours. I was so disgusted. My sport literally pimped out to a bike shop. No independece, just a big click of wankers (with some exclusions of course) I know what will happen if you don't shop there you will be an outcast, there's no room for individuals or independent thinkers/riders. They can't be trusted I know because I've seen it and had it happen to me. They will take the track over and do what they want to. Gotta get the word out. The excavator operator fella is a good bloke though and I know he'd jump on our train regardless, he's tops. He would dearly love to create GNAR. Some how we gotta get organised sort this out (us gravity fellas) I've been goin nuts without a decent track to ride on. I'm too old to race and have torn my bicep off the bone a while ago but I am renown as the hardest working track builder, when I do it, it gets done. So if anyone is with me PM me with contact details and we can start this ball rolling if everyone agrees.

cjaty

Likes Dirt
Dude......finally!!!! I've been trying to get the truth out for a long time.........I was in it from 1996 or 7 onwards. I got burned real bad by MAD, it really is set up so a certain bike shop profits from it, Me and a few others had a combined 100 years of MTB experience and the newbys with NO experience made all the mistakes they were warned about we soon foud out it was their club not ours. I was so disgusted. My sport literally pimped out to a bike shop. No independece, just a big click of wankers (with some exclusions of course) I know what will happen if you don't shop there you will be an outcast, there's no room for individuals or independent thinkers/riders. They can't be trusted I know because I've seen it and had it happen to me. They will take the track over and do what they want to. Gotta get the word out. The excavator operator fella is a good bloke though and I know he'd jump on our train regardless, he's tops. He would dearly love to create GNAR. Some how we gotta get organised sort this out (us gravity fellas) I've been goin nuts without a decent track to ride on. I'm too old to race and have torn my bicep off the bone a while ago but I am renown as the hardest working track builder, when I do it, it gets done. So if anyone is with me PM me with contact details and we can start this ball rolling if everyone agrees.
Im the same as you LONERYDA I love building trails Im still keen on racing allthough I sold my DH bike a few months ago If I WILL get another one if the club starts racing again.Ill pm you with my details

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
Rick222, moz84, blahblah, pm me with your phone no.s please we all need to talk and do this right if we agree the future will be bright, there is way too many good riders here wasting away. I'm for an independent club and ctjay is already with me, when we speak I'm confident youall will be to.

andy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What ever you guys decide, just make sure all the tracks running well by Christmas. Only come up to the inlaws biannually now. And someone get down and rebuild my DH track on the Grasstree Gold mine hill. :clap2:

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
Fuck!!!! I just went for a quick scamp in town on my DH bike for somethin to do and got T-Boned by a dry cleaners Van, He's fucked my Crank Bros Opium DH front (caught in the front wheel arch) face plant at 40kms/hr lucky I had the full face on, no loss of skin but a sore neck, lower back and right leg. Got his details though and he was very apologetic and admitted liability.

cjaty

Likes Dirt
Fuck!!!! I just went for a quick scamp in town on my DH bike for somethin to do and got T-Boned by a dry cleaners Van, He's fucked my Crank Bros Opium DH front (caught in the front wheel arch) face plant at 40kms/hr lucky I had the full face on, no loss of skin but a sore neck, lower back and right leg. Got his details though and he was very apologetic and admitted liability.
Wow!That could of ended alot worse.At least he didnt jump out and started yelling at you like it was your fault.

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
Wow!That could of ended alot worse.At least he didnt jump out and started yelling at you like it was your fault.
Just got back from hospital, got the ol Xray'n'morphine job, script for some painkillers not sore now but stiff as.. tomorows gonna hurt though. The driver is working 2 jobs to pay the bills the poor bastard, as honest as you can get, admitted fault, gave me his phone no. told me where he works during the week. I rang the no. and got him so I told him not to worry I'm not one of those suers who milk it for all it's worth, being a bike mechanic sure helps with the repairs too so the bill might not be too bad as long as the rim is salvagable, funny I was just talking to a guy at work ysterday about how I've owned those wheels for nearly 2 years and they were still true, had never put a spoke spanner on 'em. Bugger!!

morticus

Likes Dirt
Dont mean to be rude Loneryder, but WTF were you doing riding around mackay on a DH bike with your full face on?

cjaty

Likes Dirt
Good on you mate these things happen,the poor guy was probibly shitin himself.I hope it dosnt cost you to much.

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
Dont mean to be rude Loneryder, but WTF were you doing riding around mackay on a DH bike with your full face on?
Have you ever seen someone riding a DH bike with an XC lid on? Looks pretty silly!! I got a few spots around the place I like to session, couple of drops and jumps around the place out at the botanical gardens is one, thats where I was goin when it happened, plus with a full face on no-one knows who you are - unless they know you, you need that sometimes in this town especially when you gotta deal out the odd bit of "street" justice to the odd driver/wanker etc. The girls seem to like the look too. It definately saved my ass this time and a couple of other times too.

morticus

Likes Dirt
I lived in Mackay for 12 months, just moved down to Newcastle 6 months ago. Only place i found to ride was the kinchant track. I hit it up with Jeff, who clearly showed me that everything i though was speed and ability was wrong. Learned a fair bit in a couple of short hours to say the least. If i had of known there was some more hits closer to town i would have been out there with ya.

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
Yeah well they do have something like 3 or 4 company vehicles.....who do you reckon is paying for them by the way? Not me, Mad mtb, Gotta love that. Just foud out Brodie has a job with em too,mmmmmmmm convenient that. Pimped out like I told ya's

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
Yeah well they do have something like 3 or 4 company vehicles.....who do you reckon is paying for them by the way? Not me, Mad mtb, Gotta love that. Just foud out Brodie has a job with em too,mmmmmmmm convenient that. Pimped out like I told ya's
When your shop is paying the rent he is you gotta kepp selling bikes, with the overheads he has, some one has to pay for it ...guess who? the customer. Soooo time to find a new genre of cycling. This is a backdoor for them to get into Kinchant and when they do it's all over. I like a few others know what the go is. Maybe I'm different but I dont do what everyone else is doing just because everyone else is doing it. Thats why I got into MTB in the first place. In the 90's you wouldn't buy a bike of the same brand mearlyy because someone else had one. We used to pride ourselves on being an individual. All this corperate shit makes me vomit. You don't need a sponsor to make a track down a hill that scares the shit outa people who try to ride it, and thats what MTB has always meant to me. Testing your skill, overcoming your limits and fear, confidence in your abilities. I cringe now when I see everyone riding around on the same bikes bought from the same shop from the same brand. What's happened??? Suppose this is how it is now eh? Well fuck that, I got nothing in common with a bunch of 29ers it's 26 4 eva for me. I don't need a club to ride my bike I don't need a sponser to walk up a hill with my trusty mattock, cane knife and steel rake. I work for my money and can buy all my shit on the internet for half the price these jokers are. Theres no money in racing unless your at the top of the tree as well. but there's heaps of money to be made selling equipment for someones passion. But I choose who I buy off, I don't cave to peer pressure or false allegiances for any club. I just wanna ride my bikes down a fucking hill and not have to deal with cockheads who wanna make a quid off me or hang off my coat-tails and pretend they know what I'm talking about. It's my sport, it's been the last 16 years of my life. It's my way of life. I don't owe any bike shop or club for that because I've put in the work from day 1. It's called being independent, if you wanna ride with me lets do it. if you wanna make money off me -fuck off!

outtacontrol

Likes Bikes and Dirt
When your shop is paying the rent he is you gotta kepp selling bikes, with the overheads he has, some one has to pay for it ...guess who? the customer. Soooo time to find a new genre of cycling. This is a backdoor for them to get into Kinchant and when they do it's all over. I like a few others know what the go is. Maybe I'm different but I dont do what everyone else is doing just because everyone else is doing it. Thats why I got into MTB in the first place. In the 90's you wouldn't buy a bike of the same brand mearlyy because someone else had one. We used to pride ourselves on being an individual. All this corperate shit makes me vomit. You don't need a sponsor to make a track down a hill that scares the shit outa people who try to ride it, and thats what MTB has always meant to me. Testing your skill, overcoming your limits and fear, confidence in your abilities. I cringe now when I see everyone riding around on the same bikes bought from the same shop from the same brand. What's happened??? Suppose this is how it is now eh? Well fuck that, I got nothing in common with a bunch of 29ers it's 26 4 eva for me. I don't need a club to ride my bike I don't need a sponser to walk up a hill with my trusty mattock, cane knife and steel rake. I work for my money and can buy all my shit on the internet for half the price these jokers are. Theres no money in racing unless your at the top of the tree as well. but there's heaps of money to be made selling equipment for someones passion. But I choose who I buy off, I don't cave to peer pressure or false allegiances for any club. I just wanna ride my bikes down a fucking hill and not have to deal with cockheads who wanna make a quid off me or hang off my coat-tails and pretend they know what I'm talking about. It's my sport, it's been the last 16 years of my life. It's my way of life. I don't owe any bike shop or club for that because I've put in the work from day 1. It's called being independent, if you wanna ride with me lets do it. if you wanna make money off me -fuck off!
Maybe wind back the pain meds a little.... :eyebrows:

Loneryda

Likes Bikes
When clubs realise it's the shops that need them NOT the other way around perhaps then all this crap might end and people can concentrate on what's actually important. I know when I was in the MAD committee that bike shop gave the club $300 thats sweet fuck all and for his $300 he made more money than you can poke a stick at, still didn't stop him ripping me off as a customer (and banning me from the store when I asked for my money back) and when I put it down on the clubs forum the pres and secretary wiped it off the forum because "he's a sponsor" he's also the presidents mate, guess what happens when your new to the sport and ask the president where to buy a bike from?? It's a fucken set up guess who gets his shit cheaper than any of us?? the pres. If you say something about it you'll get ostrasized, instead of sticking up for it's members the club looks after it's sponsor first FUCK it's members - what other club do they get to join in the one town nada. In the 2nd AGM the secretary Rob didn't even resign and get re-elected he just kept his position I was there what a fucken insult to all non-profit organisations can't even hold an election properly and noone said anything but me cause they're all either pussys or didn't know the rules in the first place. All rotorburners know if you get ripped you tell the community so noone else does. All this for $300 a year and a %10 discount on stock that was jacked up %10 to start with. Remember when Giant dropped their prices in 2010 he put out a cataloge deciecing the public and making out the discounts were his instead of aknowleging that the rrp had been lowered by the company.... all fun and games eh .