Mackenzie frenzy DH - Toowoomba, Mystery trail builder?

Jared

Yeti Cycles
So someone has been sneaking in some of their own handy work at Frenzy, a few mods on the bottom section have been popping up, but its time someone says something, and hopefully if the guilty person does'nt read this themselves then word will spread to them. Someone must know whos doing it.

I'll start by saying that Whoever is doing this no doubt has the best of intentions, but PLEASE STOP! The track is one of the only legal tracks in the state. Toowoomba council have been great with us using the land, but there are a few things we have to follow. Mainly. NO UN-AUTHORIZED digging. The club has to plan build and maintainence days when we feel things need changing or maintainence, but nobody ive spoken too in the club, our president included, knows who is building.

Council rangers have noticed the changes and are not too happy with them, this reflects badly on not only the club, but mountain bikers in general. We spent many hours building the track in the first place, not to mention many Many more since maintaining it, and the last thing we want is to piss the council off and lose the land.

On a personal note, you have also taken some of the natural features of the track and turned it into a highway, The last straw for me was when doing runs this afternoon I came across the latest kicker to nothing that goes over what used to be a nice little rock section. It's a high speed section and on my first run I only spotted it when it was too late and launched myself almost onto my head at about 50km/h as I sailed off the backside to dead flat. After that I was prepared for it and hitting it at normal speed resulted in sever flat land/head slapping/feeling like every part of my bike was going to snap in half upon landing. Its really not a good addition.

So like I said earlier, Im sure whoever is doing this has the best of intentions, but Frenzy is not a track that you can just rock up and dig on. Please stop! Maybe come along to the next organized build day, which can be found in the Toowoomba mountain bike thread, in the Club section of this forum!