mad chromoly frame reccomendations

kanemb

Likes Dirt
Hey guys and gals,
I just wanted to get the collective opinion of some cool cats off Rotor burn, ive recently moved near some relatively flat and tight trails out on the west of sydney. As a result i have found myself riding my single speed STP heaps instead of my all mountain machine and having a totally rad time. I am wanting to buy a chromoly frame to take some of the harshness out of the trails or a Ti one if the ride the same. Problem is i cant find anything with the kind of geometry i like, as much as people scoff at STP's i really dig the geometry and would like something similiarish. So waffle aside im looking for either a chromoly or Ti, shit maybe even carbon( ive never riden either of the later) hardtail with short chainstays/longish top tube but not insane dirt jump style frame, and equally not an xc racing frame. if anyone has any opinions they would be very welcome, cheers

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys and gals,
I just wanted to get the collective opinion of some cool cats off Rotor burn, ive recently moved near some relatively flat and tight trails out on the west of sydney. As a result i have found myself riding my single speed STP heaps instead of my all mountain machine and having a totally rad time. I am wanting to buy a chromoly frame to take some of the harshness out of the trails or a Ti one if the ride the same. Problem is i cant find anything with the kind of geometry i like, as much as people scoff at STP's i really dig the geometry and would like something similiarish. So waffle aside im looking for either a chromoly or Ti, shit maybe even carbon( ive never riden either of the later) hardtail with short chainstays/longish top tube but not insane dirt jump style frame, and equally not an xc racing frame. if anyone has any opinions they would be very welcome, cheers
Don't know from that what geometry you like, but I have a steel On-One Inbred for sale. Check their website for geometry.

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Charge blender seems right up your alley. Inbreds are awesome as well, if abit xcish

kanemb

Likes Dirt
Charge blender seems right up your alley. Inbreds are awesome as well, if abit xcish
Hey guys thanks aa lot for the feed back, both the cotic and the blender look to be pretty much exactly the kind of frame im after so thaanks a bunch. And cheers for the word about the inbred I might pass on it though as its not entirely what im chasing

rone

Eats Squid
Hey guys thanks aa lot for the feed back, both the cotic and the blender look to be pretty much exactly the kind of frame im after so thaanks a bunch. And cheers for the word about the inbred I might pass on it though as its not entirely what im chasing

On-One 456 Evo is the one you want.

456evo.jpg

Also available in carbon:

456evocb.jpg

Last edited:

Vedsy

Likes Dirt
Ragley Blue Pig? I bought a blue pig frame as something to chuck all my old parts on and run as a bit of a shop bike, and its quickly become my favourite pushie. Quite heavy, especially with the lower end parts i've built it with, but so much fun. I find myself reaching for it more often than not, for everything from riding to work, bmx track, smoother cross country... definitely worth a look

dolphinman

Likes Dirt
Just purchased a Kona Honzo. 4 rides in and loving it - never thought I would go 29er. So far racking up faster times than my 26" all over the place.

dug8713

Likes Dirt
Production Privee Shan if you can afford it. Awesome geo which is similar to the Ragley Blur Pig & 2013 Commencal Ramones Cromo but with added boutiqueness & jizz factor

Koper25

Likes Dirt
Just purchased a Kona Honzo. 4 rides in and loving it - never thought I would go 29er. So far racking up faster times than my 26" all over the place.
Just bought one a few weeks a go as well. Definitely recommend it if you're open to trying a 29'er.