Magic Mary DH evo... Can run tubeless?

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Was going to grab some Magic Mary tyres in dh evo casing apparently 2.5 and ultra soft addix.
Can these be run tubeless effectively? Without having the tubeless logo?
Also anyone ridden these vs the old 2.35 super gravity non addix version?

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
I’m saying yes...only coz I’ve even got the shitty ‘performance’ non Evo/non TL to seal up back in the day. Wept a bit for a while, but got there. Evo has stronger sidewall at least.
If you’ve already got them, give them a go. If you’re buying though...maybe stick with tubeless...unless cheap and you’re adventurous.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Thanks for the info Moorey.
Yeah haven't bought them yet, $50 a piece.
Was looking for 2.35 super gravity in the soft version but can't seem to buy them anywhere and if I could would be close to $100 shipped I'm guessing.

moorey

call me Mia
Tried Zee Germans? They often do cheap swobble with flat rate shipping. If you buy a few, works out cheap. Hibike, bikecomponents, bike24...a couple that come to mind. Add 10% GST, but log in as Aussie and 17% VAT is removed.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Due to the relatively low pressure involved with MTB tyres, pretty much any tyre can be made to work tubeless, you'll just need a bit more sealant to allow for more than normal soaking into the tyre. Often, but not always, non-tubeless tyres can be a looser fit on the rim (depends a lot on both the tyre and rim size tolerance), which can make them a bit more difficult to pop into the beads before the air falls out. If you have time to play with, fit the tyres with tubes & let sit for a couple of days to iron out packaging kinks, then go tubeless with them.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Tried Zee Germans? They often do cheap swobble with flat rate shipping. If you buy a few, works out cheap. Hibike, bikecomponents, bike24...a couple that come to mind. Add 10% GST, but log in as Aussie and 17% VAT is removed.
Thanks! No I had just googled the tyre and didn't get much.
They all have them in every flavour and yeah decent price if ya get a few.
I should've asked the question ages ago.

Flip666

Likes Dirt
Due to the relatively low pressure involved with MTB tyres, pretty much any tyre can be made to work tubeless, you'll just need a bit more sealant to allow for more than normal soaking into the tyre. Often, but not always, non-tubeless tyres can be a looser fit on the rim (depends a lot on both the tyre and rim size tolerance), which can make them a bit more difficult to pop into the beads before the air falls out. If you have time to play with, fit the tyres with tubes & let sit for a couple of days to iron out packaging kinks, then go tubeless with them.
Good to know, thanks Ducky!
I do have a big compresser at home, but now I've found the actual tyre I'm after with ze Germans I'll get some of those and save the hassle.
Thanks for the advice though, I'm sure at some point I'll need to do that.