Magpie Creek/Mt Tamborine Race (QLD) - need info

zen_rider

Likes Dirt
Hey all,

I have a calendar that says there is a Sunshine Series (?) DH round out at Mt. Tamborine, on the 23rd(?) of this month.

Just wondering:

What's it like? the track?
Who's racing?
Fees?
Shuttles?
Hardtail class?

Thanks in advance. 8)

Fkahb

Likes Dirt
What calendar do you have? Does it have any contact phone numbers on it or the host club website?

CAM

Likes Dirt
the track quite fun an a good length run, 3 to 4 mins from memory.
it varies from tight twisty single track through the bush with a sandyish sort of dirt(not actually sand though i dont think. thes some nice techy bits with some rock gardens and the odd jump/drop.

prices I cant remember what they usually are but an entry form with details usuallycomes out on the mtba website. Shuttles are in 4WD's , and usually there is a hardtail class but not sure.
its a sunshine series race so it is most of the riders from around SE qld and many others from further north usually come and race.

MTB_SYCO

Likes Dirt
k here it is Magpie Creek, Mundoolum Connection Rd, Tamborine, Gold coast UBD 46 H16 hosted by Gold Coast MTB CLUB, Gus MacAnally 0407753327, Mark Skroblin - Nerang MTB centre 55962911, COSTS= $30 for juniors - Medals except U19 , $40 seniors - Prizes, including U19, $45 for expert - cash prizes- Men= $100,80,60,40,20, Women= $80,40,20, (DH $15 extra for transport) hope that helps guys hopefully its not to confuisin