Mah Coilah - EXTREMELY UPDATED!!!

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've been riding this bike for just over 3 years now.

Frame: 2004 Kona Coiler with 5" travel, Large 18".
Shock: Fox Vanilla R
Fork: 2004 Z150 Freeride, Thanks Leitch!
Headset: FSA XLII cartridge
Front Wheel: Mavic 321 laced to an unbranded black 20mm hub, Thanks Junior!
Rear Wheel: Sun Singletrack laced to a Dice HooDoo 9mm hollowpoint hub with DT competition spokes
Cranks: Raceface Ride XC with 22/32/saint bashring
Bottom Bracket: Truvativ Gigapipe SL
Chain: Wipperman 920
Cassette:Shimano XT 11-32
Rear Derailleur: Shimano XT rapid rise
Rear Shifter: Shimano Deore
Front Derailleur: Shimano Deore
Front Shifter: Sram X.7
Seat Post: Stock IRD
Saddle: SDG Bel Air with Cro-mo rails, thanks Kinga!
Stem: Thompson Elite 90mm, thanks to Paul (PG on mtbdirt)
Handlebars: Raceface Diabulous uncut, thanks Squidly!
Brakes: Hayes HFX-9 with GRC Levers, 8" front rotor, 6" rear rotor. Thanks to wkkie for the levers.
Pedals: DMR V12
Bottle Cage: Velocity

Last edited:

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
looks great! sorry about those scratches on the left lower :eek:

ps, try zip-tying your brake hose to your fork lower as well as using the little clip.. i've found them to be horribly unreliable

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I race downhill on it for fun. It goes OK, can do all tracks pretty easily, though I am losing a lot of speed to my mates, which have simmilar skill levels but longer travel bikes.

SmokedHam

Likes Dirt
Nice Coiler

Hey Man nice Coiler, here's mine and its :mad:

66rcs
dhx5.0
mag30's
dabomb hubs
funn pedals & seat
juicy 7's
etc etc.....

Just got the Jackal too, i love this little rig its sweet :)

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 117

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Extreme Update!!!

So I snapped the Z150's

But my mate was very generous and lent me his Boxxers

And I got some new parts

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yehhhhhhh doogggggg! I can still beat you up hills any day *shifty eyes*. Haha nice work dude. We will have to hook up for a ride again when my hand is mended!

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Ha. Nuke Proof. Very nice man. Clearly not at all fitting considering the circumstances...
Care to enlighten us as to how exactly you fucked your forks? Going to get them 'Gripped' or just shop for new ones...? Interesting that it sheared off above the crown race...

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
My EXTREME crash!

Yeah, well me n Bucky went to Kandanga, had a few runs, then I just lost concentration for a sec and low sided around this turn, not very fast, 30 kph max i estimate. I was just falling down gently with my hands still on the bars, and I hear this little 'click' sound. I think "oh that must have been my pedal on a rock or something", I look down and my forks are separated! WTF! I found it pretty unbelievable. I put it down to the previous owners, (tuplang and leitch) it's all their fault!

The bike rides pretty nice with the teams on, I thought the geometry would be whack but it goes fine. 14.5" BB height, dunno about head angle, but the slacker the better yeah?

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Someone needs to clean that baby up! I never knew the steerer tubes were so thick :eek: It looks incredibly sexeh with the Boxxer's and the Hone cranks. I see a bashy I want :D