pedals: Odyssey Twisted PC
brake: Avid Elixir R w/ 140mm rotor
bars: NS District 3"
stem: Leaf Cycles Evo Block
grips: ODI Longneck
headset: Kink Integrated
rims: Sun MTX29 32h
hubs: Hope Pro 2 - front QR & rear singlespeed
tires: F- Schwalbe Table Top R- Kenda NPJ Sig.
seat/post: Eclat Complex
weight: 10.2kg

I didn't see the line between the sheets of my ghetto studio and now can't be bothered reshooting or editing it out.

Callan I tried, be nice... :|
BIG version-http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4058/4501481743_35c3495791_o.jpg

PS. here is a rancid photo of my rear hub - http://i42.tinypic.com/2vcssxu.jpg

Last edited:

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Looks nice man! Epic kink in your chain though! :p
Haha, yeah the half-link is a little tight in its movement and tends to kink up, but doesn't affect the pedalling.

You have a Hope Pro 2 don't you jewson? soooooooo clicky:cool:

Brodie_78Kt

Likes Dirt
Just to wreck Jervis's tread :p
weight is wrongg ;)
Since i weight this bike is my alloy bars and lighter tyres and it still wasnt that :p

~James~

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Haha, yeah the half-link is a little tight in its movement and tends to kink up, but doesn't affect the pedalling.

You have a Hope Pro 2 don't you jewson? soooooooo clicky:cool:
Chyeeeeah, just put it back on after snapping my axle like, 6 months ago :p Mine's the 8/9 speed one though. It's more a rawwwrrr click, haha. :cool:

Mitch.F

Likes Dirt
It's looking sick! How's the back hub go? I can't decide between it and a last zakk... Any ideas?

Last edited:

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Hopes lighter.
Last is a cassette so you can run all the way down to a 10t not 12t, last is smoother and has more engagement points.

But yeah hope still wins.
Nooo brobruu! Last isn't smoother, the Hope rolls so well compared.
You still win&sh!t <3

Mitch.F

Likes Dirt
Do you have any trouble with the hope slipping in the dropouts? That's the only bad thing I've heard about them..

Jervis

Likes Dirt
Do you have any trouble with the hope slipping in the dropouts? That's the only bad thing I've heard about them..
They have these washers with a grippy cross pattern that is tightened against the drop outs. HOWEVER, the hub has moved slightly once or twice but not drastically as I understand your thinking of?

This slight movement happens with any bolt up hub if not tightened enough, I've had these rear hubs -
generic Norco SS
Da Bomb Headspin
NS Coaster SS x2
Leaf Mosquito
Hope Pro 2 (of course...)

They all have moved at some point, loosing chain tension. Easily fixed by tightening correctly.

Last edited:

CAMRIDESBIKES

Likes Dirt
Clean bike jervis, I like it!

If anyones having problems with hopes moving, head down to your local engineering supplies bolt shop and you can purchase stainless steel bolts for a ring spanner for 89 cents. They never move, there only 4 grams heavier and there easier to get tight and you can never strip them :)

problem solved

mxing90

Cannon Fodder
totally rad, i have always loved those bikes,
but being a bmx rider they are a bit heavy.

love the shot bro.

patto_15

Wheel size expert
I'm pretty sure you can get Male bolts that are 6 or 8mm that are used in female bmx hubs that will fit the Hope and stop it from slipping.. The stock bolts they have are sooooo shit

Mitch.F

Likes Dirt
I'm pretty sure you can get Male bolts that are 6 or 8mm that are used in female bmx hubs that will fit the Hope and stop it from slipping.. The stock bolts they have are sooooo shit
Hmm I'm still undecided.... I like the look of the last better and it being a casette but being able to play with my gearing alot cheaper with the hope sounds good.... (just buying a single cog instead of the full driver for $80+)
I think 32-14 will be a bit hard...

Last edited: