ACT Majura 24hr

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Rumor has it there is a new challenger to Mr English. Many have tried, all have failed. Could this be the year?

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Jason isnt heading there....his advice was that he was heading to race Multi day event in Alice Springs....

Easter isnt deemed Nationals hence one of the reasons..(prior to some name of Oceanias being created)

always a great weekend at Majura over Easter...but not heading there this time...

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I know mtba has asked for eoi for solo nats but corcs website sure makes it sound like it is the nats.
Quote; Australia's most grueling solo mountain bike race takes off this Easter weekend, bringing together the nation's best endurance riders in 24 Hours of competition from 12pm 4 April to 12pm 5 April 2015. For 2015 the Easter Solo 24 Hour MTB Race will be held in conjunction with WEMBO and will be the Oceania Solo 24 Hour Mountain Bike Championships. This year's Australian Solo 24hr Mountain Bike Championship will be held at the recently revitalised traditional home of Majura Pines, Canberra and promises to be a challenging weekend filled with adrenalin and fun activity.

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
yep agree with you...and had seen the website...

also participated from 2008 - 2011 with varying success for my ability etc...its move to stromlo...my downfall....ggrrr...

however have this week made the call not to go this year ..... :-(

Kowalski Brothers

Legends of the Shovel
Thinking about it, what are the tracks like?
Hardtail friendly?
The tracks will be virtually new (they are being built right now) and will be very nice to ride judging by the progress made so far.
I don't know the course, but I would call Majura hardtail friendly generally speaking.

a-frame81

Likes Bikes
In for the 6+6

I've signed up for the 6+6 as the 24 is a bit beyond me at this point. Looking forward to hitting up Majura again. Will have to go check out the tracks in a few weeks to get an idea what they'll be like.

nak

Likes Bikes
Any more news on this from anyone in the know?
- Likely course and length?
- Entrant Numbers?

courts

Likes Bikes
Just wondering if the WEMBO Oceania race is also the 24hour National Solo title or if that will be another race?

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
No it's not the Nationals. They may be calling it the Australian Championship but it's not the mtba nationals. When and where that is, is yet to be announced.

a-frame81

Likes Bikes
Easter solo's no more for this year

So got this email today :censored:

So, just got this email.....

Thank you for your entry into the 2015 Oceania 24hr Solo Championships.

Majura Pines Trail Alliance have worked tirelessly to produce some amazing tracks that Majura is renowned for, including uncovering a lot of the existing trails we’ve ridden at past Easter solo events. However, the recent dry spell on the east coast means the trails are currently very dry and dusty, and we have little hope of any significant rain before Easter.

Three weeks out from the event we have very low entries for both the 6+6 and the 24hr categories. As you could imagine, this will make for very lonely out in the forest riding and reduces the competitive nature of the event. In addition, with this small number of riders, it is likely that the event will result in a significant financial loss for CORC, which is something the club cannot sustain without a massive impact on everything else we plan to do over the next few years.

The likelihood that we will have a rush of entries of the magnitude required to make the event sustainable, is assessed by those within the club who are involved in the event and many others like it, as remote. This is further compounded through MTBA continuing to delay the announcement of the club selected to host the 2015 Australian Solo 24 Hour Championships, originally scheduled to be announced on Friday 6 March 2015.

With the above in mind CORC has had to make a hard decision; that being to cancel the 2015 Oceania 24 Hour Solo MTB Championships. All entrants to date will of course be given a full refund of their entry fees.

CORC has supported solo 24hr racing since its inception in the early 2000’s . However, there comes a point when the club is unable to continue supporting a solo-only 24 Hour event that results in a financial loss to the club. As event organisers, this hasn’t been an easy decision to make.

So your training doesn’t go to waste, the organisers for the Kona 24hr to be held at Hidden Vale in Brisbane over the Easter long weekend have kindly offered 20% entry discounts to all our riders. If you would like to take up this offer then please email president@corc.asn.au and request that your details are passed to the organisers, who will provide you with your entry code details.

Thank you for your support of the Easter solo event, we will do our best to ensure that the Easter solo event is back on 23-24 March 2016, please keep an eye on the CORC Facebook for further details.

notime

Likes Dirt
Well that's that decision made for me. I was considering Hidden Vale as my origional first choice but I can't get there in time due to a commitment on the Friday now.

I appreciate the call based on track condition alone, this is what I was holding off on. Un weathered new tracks are rubbish.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Well that's that decision made for me. I was considering Hidden Vale as my origional first choice but I can't get there in time due to a commitment on the Friday now.

I appreciate the call based on track condition alone, this is what I was holding off on. Un weathered new tracks are rubbish.
The event organiser at the only 24hr event in SA religiously puts in a brand new section every year and every year the solo riders HATE it with a passion!

How's the new bit at Mt Annan getting on?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Having spent a bit of time at Majura in the previous 2 weeks I can attest that the new track is very raw and still needs significant bedding in and rain.

TBH I was dreading 24hr around the course in it's current state as it would not have been fun both from an enjoyment point of view and to the potential damage to the new track in places.

notime

Likes Dirt
The event organiser at the only 24hr event in SA religiously puts in a brand new section every year and every year the solo riders HATE it with a passion!

How's the new bit at Mt Annan getting on?
I have no idea Matt, that new section was my mental undoing at the Nat's and i'm not super keen to go find out. It's not a track I choose to ride for fun.