Man, I had just made my mind up to get an SB66 when....

Bermshot

Banned
I don't have much to add except patiance. I'm riding some good bikes now but am thinking along the same lines as you 'that sweet thaing' but I see the industry in a bit of a shift at the mome or my perspective anyway, stronger/lighter carbon and the run on 650b. Thus I have decided to watch and study next year to see how it all pans out.

Of course I'm not saying their on the wrong track, far from it, I just want a full perspective before throwing down the color.

steve24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I am also looking into building a more playfull bike after a recent purchase of an old Reign that i am really enjoying.
Yep 10k is a lot of money but that moneys yours to make your choices with.....

Full custom is great if you can find a frame to build up and can be much better bang for buck....

If you end up buying from LBS then consider a trip to Bali within a month of purchase with the family, the GST refund will pay for some of your holiday and there is some great riding over there too.....

Camby88

Likes Dirt
This is a pretty old thread and the OP left on a negative note on the 14th of October so maybe let it die...

? :sleep:

Rexy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For those that haven't bothered to check pricing before posting on the internet, the Sworks Enduro isn't 10k!

I built one the other day. Seriously, what a bike. With 165mm travel at that weight and a CCDBair getting things done in the back, weapon. You'd only want to weigh it down with 36's if you are a heavier rider. And the XX1, wow! Yes you could buy a cheaper bike, but it isn't going to perform as well (heavier, lower quality dampers etc), chalk and cheese.

I've only spent any real time on a SB-66a (only ridden a carbon around a carpark). Also a fantastic bike, but in comparison, I'd say the SB is a bike with a slightly different point.

Both are really excellent bicycles.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
For anyone interested.... The price is $7999 and my local shop said we would sort the price out when it gets here. The bike Is due early feb.

For that money. With or without discount the SB 66 is off the list. I am currently clearing out my garage ready for the spesh.

I don't have trading area access and being in WA I can't see the point advertising it here.

My wife is insisting my glory, reign, 20" FMF BMX and Anthem have to go to get this bike.

Can't wait till FEb.

Cheers for those who were interested.

mjb123

Likes Bikes
For anyone interested.... The price is $7999 and my local shop said we would sort the price out when it gets here. The bike Is due early feb.

For that money. With or without discount the SB 66 is off the list. I am currently clearing out my garage ready for the spesh.

I don't have trading area access and being in WA I can't see the point advertising it here.

My wife is insisting my glory, reign, 20" FMF BMX and Anthem have to go to get this bike.

Can't wait till FEb.

Cheers for those who were interested.
do you mind sharing the shop name?

been looking around at specialized dealers in WA

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
do you mind sharing the shop name?

been looking around at specialized dealers in WA
I was about to make a smart arse comment about ".. the only one worth going to" blah blah when I thought that is a bit harsh to other guys in Perth. Most of the guys you get Specialized through are nice guys and I get along with them.

But I shop mostly at Midland Cycles, Have done since Mark bought the place in 2010. Nice guy, reliable, looks after me with discounts where he can and puts a lot back into the local cycling community. I see no need to shop anywhere else.

All the bikes I listed above that I need to clear are from his shop.