Manitou 3 Way Swinger Problem - Just Serviced

nizai

Likes Dirt
Folks,

I just got my rear shock serviced by Dirtworks and I tried to install it this morning with increasing frustration.

My question is, the top mount is out by about 1-1.5 degree's from the bottom mount. So when I put the shims on and try to bolt it to the frame, one end goes in nice, but the other will not bolt up, or in the case of the lower, wont go into the frame basket at all because the mount is skewed.

Is the piston of the shock meant to float rotationally? or should the two mounts always be exactly aligned?

There is the added issue that since getting it back the SPV valve on the piston is 180 degree's (or 178.5 hehe) out from where it used to be, and now it fouls on the frame.

Ive no experience with shocks themselves so I dont want to break anything or put it back on the bike incorrectly causing it to break.

Ta

N

DW-1

Dirt Works
Folks,

I just got my rear shock serviced by Dirtworks and I tried to install it this morning with increasing frustration.

My question is, the top mount is out by about 1-1.5 degree's from the bottom mount. So when I put the shims on and try to bolt it to the frame, one end goes in nice, but the other will not bolt up, or in the case of the lower, wont go into the frame basket at all because the mount is skewed.

Is the piston of the shock meant to float rotationally? or should the two mounts always be exactly aligned?

There is the added issue that since getting it back the SPV valve on the piston is 180 degree's (or 178.5 hehe) out from where it used to be, and now it fouls on the frame.

Ive no experience with shocks themselves so I dont want to break anything or put it back on the bike incorrectly causing it to break.

Ta

N
ummm you can twist one end either direction to the other. Not an issue.

Not sure what you mean by the other prob though... :confused:

Are you just saying that the piggy back part of the shock is upside down?

If that's the case... just turn the shock around...

Elvis.

nizai

Likes Dirt
Fixed. I didnt realise it had 150 pound on the top chamber, makes the piston impossible to move. But emptying both has made it moveable.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Delete this thread mods :D

N