Manitou Dorados 2003/04's ?

heavyp

You heard it here first
After some dorados guys, if you have any friends that have a pair sitting around thinking they dont wanna sell as they wont get much hit me up as i wont give you much either haha 180mm dont have to be in amazing condition, even if they need a service cause the seals have blown ill me keen

Last edited:

bjmtb

Likes Dirt
Sadly you'll learn that its pointless bidding on any ebay item with days to spare. Items are won in the last 10-20 seconds, not days

udi

swiss cheese
As above. Any serious bidder will wait for the last 30 second bracket before they throw down their max bid. You're only fooling yourself thinking you'll win an item because you held the maximum bid any time before that last 30s period, and even then you can get sniped at any point down to the last second.

It's all part of the fun.

heavyp

You heard it here first
I was just a bit gutted too see them go for as much as they did and now im in denial! haha.

Iwas placing a bid at 30 secs lost that then again and optus decided to drop out i would have won i reckon, they went for 217 i was placing a 250 bid.

The Tomac looks ok but one of those went on ebay the other day with headset, rear wheel, BB, cranks and bash guard for 155 GBP

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I've got some 2001 cherry reds ...

if you look at my profile and albums ... there are some pics in for sale somewhere.

Paint is a little flaked and stanchions have one raised scratch. I have spare thru axle bolts as well. hasn't been used for about 5 years so no idea what the internals are like (seals are fairly new though).

PM if you want to talk.

heavyp

You heard it here first
I actually find the red ones quite depressing.
In what way ? there one of the better looking boxxers obviously nothing beats the original ones 1998 the 1999 ones were kinda cool especially the pro ones with the XXX instead of the 151 wrote on the legs.

Designs on products in this day and age have gotten very bad in my eyes.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Swing and a miss. Never mind.
:doh: I get ya my bad haha

Anyone im looking at building one of the most unreliable bikes that break all the time frame and forks if its dorados should be fun :concern:

heavyp

You heard it here first
bump+*&%^$&$*#(@&#

come on guys i know someone must have some dorados sat in the shed with leaky seals or a boxxer that needs some tlc

Mr Kurt

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Give "Spotty" a PM. He has two sets of 03 boxxers i think they are.

2003 Boxxer Race
Good stanchions
Dodgey lowers
Race internals
but have a busted Bushing

and

2003 Boxxer Teams? Maybe even world cups.
Crappy corroded stanchions
Awesome lowers
Great internals i think.
no seals

There is one steerer between them, but it is MASSIVE! Which is always a bonus

If you were to meld them into one i think you will have a kick ass fork :p There sitting in his shed doing nothing so i'm pretty sure if you offer him he'l sell them.

heavyp

You heard it here first
Give "Spotty" a PM. He has two sets of 03 boxxers i think they are.

2003 Boxxer Race
Good stanchions
Dodgey lowers
Race internals
but have a busted Bushing

and

2003 Boxxer Teams? Maybe even world cups.
Crappy corroded stanchions
Awesome lowers
Great internals i think.
no seals

There is one steerer between them, but it is MASSIVE! Which is always a bonus

If you were to meld them into one i think you will have a kick ass fork :p There sitting in his shed doing nothing so i'm pretty sure if you offer him he'l sell them.
Pm who ?

Sounds like a possible mix match combo could be on the cards.

cam-o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have some older boxxers (I'm guessing 2002-3ish but can find out) with a Mojo Boxxcart in them.
mojo stickered up.

shaun7005

Likes Dirt
I have a set of the cherry red boxxers with the XXX on them, small cracks in the fork brace though. Also have a 2003 ish giant dh team. I'll have to check what size it is, but it has dorados, aireal hubs, 823 rims, old saint calipers with old deore levers, x7/x9 gears, raceface cranks, my girlfriend rode it when i met her 4 years ago and hasn't ridden it since. All works, but yeah leaky seals, the usual. pm if you keen on pics and details. Going to ebay her tomorrow.