manitou stance are they good or crap someone tell me

cloudclone

Likes Bikes
can someone tell me wether the manitou stance kingpin are good or crap cause some of my freinds say they are mad but others say that they break and i cant make up my freken mind so can someone tell me :mad:

orchie

Likes Dirt
Hmmm....so you can't make up your mind because people are giving you different opinions - then you're asking other people for opinions?

Grant

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
KANE MCLATCHIE said:
anythin manitou suck complete ass.
1 thing to say to you - shut the fuck up.

Manitou Stance Kingpins are a very cheap Triple Clamp fork. If you are a soft rider, they will probably do you fine, but for people that ride their gear well, they tend to have many problems. You would be better off to buy a secondhand pair of forks for the same price, maybe something like some secondhand Junior T's? Kingpins are priced well, but they're price reflects their quality.

lotec

Banned
KANE MCLATCHIE said:
anythin manitou suck complete ass.
thats the stupidest thing ive heard since well... i cant remember
get a clue fucktard, i dont care if your new, your obviously trying to cause trouble and have NFI.

onto the stances, they are very cheap, and their quality reflects that, they are ok if you cant afford anything better but if you can afford the extra cash get a boxxer or even a jr.t, personally I'd be getting the boxxer by far though
also, stances blow more seals than a horny eskimo :p sorry i had to say it :p

Jacko Wacko

Banned
I am only 47kg and I have stance flows, I mostly ride dj's and they hold up fine! But although the kingpins and flows are in the same series they feel much different, personally I prefer mine over the kingpins having ridden both! They are pretty low quality but if you’re like me, and that’s all you can afford then there a good budget fork.

Last edited:

Juls

Junior Marzocchi Tech
Problems:

1. Potential leg snappage under lower crown, even with light riders.
2. Reverse Arch Crown cracking/snapping
3. Main Seals pulling out of the lowers, due to lack of lubrication (need constant lubing to stop this, all the stances suffer this)
4. Lower Damper Leg rebound plunger rod seal blows easily, causing the fork to dump it's oil into the lowers, causing fork lockout, blown seals and or reduced available travel. Also eliminates rebound damping over time.

5. Air preload system causes fork to blow seals, does not work properly (must be replaced with firmer spring, and air preloader removed)

Bad things:
1. Weighs a ton
2. fork stanchion coating wears off very quickly, making the fork look crap
3. requires constant maintainence and relubing of legs/seals (fork is not open bath) or the seals pop out, and the action gets stiff.
4. 20mm dropouts can crack easily if aftermarket axle is used and possibly overtightend. (although if you overtighten any fork this can happen, it's more common the manitou design)
5. limited range of rebound damping adjustability if you try to use a different weight oil other than stock.

Good things:
1. When maintained properly the TPC + system can potentially feel and work quite well.
2. It looks reasonable I guess
3. Snappages are few and far between. (but still relatively common)

Suggestion.
Treat as a interim fork, don't treat as your one and only keep forever because it just isn't good enough for that.

regards
Juls

roxy12

Fat Tyre Flyers
ive had stances for about 8 months now, they went bak underwarrent twice the first was for that air blow out and the second was for a soft spring replacment.

Im a 56kg rider and havnt had an issue since the springs were replaced along with the lowers (stance static), Ive done drops from 2 foot to 14 foot and havn had an issue with them, no flex etc.

alot of my friends also have em and give them a harsh beating which they stand up to.

In alot of the cases were they have snapped (i think cramer products stated about 80%) were caused because people purchased the fork and chucked it onto there bike without considering a change in rake, headtube angle etc.

In my opinion therea nice begginer fork, and unless your sam hill i cant see 888's vf, shivers etc making a huge difference to your rideing.

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
Juls said:
3. Main Seals pulling out of the lowers, due to lack of lubrication (need constant lubing to stop this, all the stances suffer this)
Sorry to go OT but I'm wondering if this is a common problem on Skarebs as well? One seal on on a pair I've got appears to be lifting a little (topmost dust seal, is this equivalent to the main seal?).

Juls

Junior Marzocchi Tech
notb4dinner said:
Sorry to go OT but I'm wondering if this is a common problem on Skarebs as well? One seal on on a pair I've got appears to be lifting a little (topmost dust seal, is this equivalent to the main seal?).
if your lowers are lubed by grease, and not oil this is possible,
it's simply a matter of keeping the lowers lubricated, and it shouldn't be a issue.

regards
Juls

straight shot

Likes Bikes
I got blunts on my bike and they are great for me im only 50 kg. I havn't felt myself bottom them out yet. Ive done small drops, dh, jumps, park and street but nothing great in park and street. The paint is wearing of the stantions. My mate reckons they need a service but i think there fine but i dont like my forks super soft. The rebound does shit all.

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid
Juls said:
Problems:

1. Potential leg snappage under lower crown, even with light riders.
2. Reverse Arch Crown cracking/snapping
4. Lower Damper Leg rebound plunger rod seal blows easily, causing the fork to dump it's oil into the lowers, causing fork lockout, blown seals and or reduced available travel. Also eliminates rebound damping over time.

5. Air preload system causes fork to blow seals, does not work properly (must be replaced with firmer spring, and air preloader removed)

Bad things:
1. Weighs a ton
2. fork stanchion coating wears off very quickly, making the fork look crap
3. requires constant maintainence and relubing of legs/seals (fork is not open bath) or the seals pop out, and the action gets stiff.
4. 20mm dropouts can crack easily if aftermarket axle is used and possibly overtightend. (although if you overtighten any fork this can happen, it's more common the manitou design)
5. limited range of rebound damping adjustability if you try to use a different weight oil other than stock.

Good things:
1. When maintained properly the TPC + system can potentially feel and work quite well.
2. It looks reasonable I guess
3. Snappages are few and far between. (but still relatively common)

Suggestion.
Treat as a interim fork, don't treat as your one and only keep forever because it just isn't good enough for that.

regards
Juls

PS, buy marz :D :p

nah seriously.. do buy marz. find yourself some 04-05 DJ3s and you will be set.. pump em up and you will be away.. they are sick. (yes, for DH as well)