manitou swinger problems

SCOTTDMR

Likes Dirt
Hey i have had my swinger 6-way for about 8 months now it has been sent away once because it had "blown up" or couldn't hold any air and lost all the fluid inside out of the compression knobs. It was sent to manitou then two weeks later it was sent back NOT FIXED properly so it was sent back again more weeks away then finnaly got it back fixed properly and has lasted me quite a few races and about 4-5 months. When it was sent back it had the red bottom out ajuster just about fully wound in and the shock was pretty stiff but i just left it cause i didn't want anything to stuff up again. But just yesterday i thought i would ajustit so i did made it plush and nice untill the next morning a fair bit iof the fluid has leeked out of the low and high speed compression ajusters and when i push down on the seat with my hand when im off the bike it has (only sometimes) a small abount of sluggish soft compression where it just feels like the shock has 0 psi in it. WTF this is pissing me off really badly my bike is an 06 DH comp and even the mighty boxxers have been sent away. Shit am i that unlucky or has anyone else had this problem with their swingers. Any input would help me. Cheers scott

Mitchz

Likes Bikes
Gday Scott,

Me and a couple of mates have 2006 DH comps with 6 ways on them. They have all 'blown up' in exactly the same way as yours did. I got mine fixed a couple of months ago (they fixed the swinger) and my mate got his fixed 2 weeks ago, but they replaced the swinger with a 2007 equivalent which is called X6 i think.

If i was you, and i will be in then next few months because they all shit themselves regularly, i would speak to my LBS and get them to ask Manitou to fit this 07 shock instead of fixing up the untrustly old 6 way. Another mate bypassed his LBS and spoke to Manitou direct and had pretty good success, he opted for a new 4 way instead.

I am looking forward to my 6 way letting go again actually to get this x6 thing. THe only downside is that there is no remote resovoir and getting to the adjusters is a bit of a pain. Like taking it out to advust air pressure.

I guess you cant have everthing...

N

nate_1990

i havent had any problems with my six way yet but i will find out tomorrow when i do soem serious dh

junior

get out of my grill
The 6 ways are fine it's the the ones with remote resovior are'nt and have had problems.

As for the new X6 shock you won't be disapointed there awsome!! been riding mine last 2 weeks and works so nice.

sikpuppyonglory

Likes Dirt
if it keeps shittin itself you should be gettin a new one for nixs because if this is a constant problem manitou should have said ( product recall ) refering to all the bikes with the 6way shock attached. if they haven't they might start to lose customers who like using their products, i for one would certainly kick up a stink if the product kept failing, only because i don't want to fork out excessive amounts ofr moolah to constantly keep fixing things that should be fixed when they come back from repairs.

you may just want to phone manitou up yourself and find this out so you don't have to keep sending it back for repairs.
that's my 2 cents.:)

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i don't know exactly why it happens.but i have been told by a fair few mechanics now,that the 06,in particular 6-ways had prob;ems,thats why my bro just got the for instead.but it's just not a select few.

DHdog

Likes Dirt
if it keeps shittin itself you should be gettin a new one for nixs because if this is a constant problem manitou should have said ( product recall ) refering to all the bikes with the 6way shock attached. if they haven't they might start to lose customers who like using their products, i for one would certainly kick up a stink if the product kept failing
Manitou have lost me as a customer, they bring out a dodgy product and they dont 'recall it',

goodbye manitou

Shorerider

Likes Dirt
I have a 6-Way (without the remote res.) and it hasn't leaked. BUT a mate of mine has one with a remote and it has been back for repairs twice. if it's still under warranty try to get it upgraded.

SCOTTDMR

Likes Dirt
Thanks guys for all the input really apreciated. So far it has costed me pretty much nothing because it is still under warranty (thank god) forks and shock) but once it comes off it it could start costing a bit. Yeah i might just ride it to the ground then see what they can do with fitting one of those new ones that i have no idea about. The lbs wich is not local has been really good to me do you rerkon it would be kinda bad asking them for a new shock like would it cost them anything i dont want to be ripping them off. What do you think i should do. Cheers scott

ajay

^Once punched Jeff Kennett. Don't pick an e-fight
Thanks guys for all the input really apreciated. So far it has costed me pretty much nothing because it is still under warranty (thank god) forks and shock) but once it comes off it it could start costing a bit. Yeah i might just ride it to the ground then see what they can do with fitting one of those new ones that i have no idea about. The lbs wich is not local has been really good to me do you rerkon it would be kinda bad asking them for a new shock like would it cost them anything i dont want to be ripping them off. What do you think i should do. Cheers scott
IF you get a new shock, it will be a replacement from the manufacturer/distributer.