Manly Dam Works Feedback

raintonr

Likes Bikes
Do you ride regularly at Manly Dam? How have the recent works affected your enjoyment of riding there? Do you have suggestions for improvements or other ideas?

It has been brought to my attention that anyone wishing to give feedback to Warringah Council on their recent works at Manly Dam can do so by writing to their general manager, Rik Hart, at the following email address: council@warringah.nsw.gov.au

As this is a general email address I assume a subject of something like, "FAO Rik Hart re: Manly Dam Works" is required.

I would encourage anyone to report back to the council with their views on what has been happening at the Dam. It's very important we let the council know how their plans and works are received. If we don't let the powers that be know our views there will be no-one to blame but ourselves if things do not go quiet as riders would like in the future.

Please remember to be courteous and constructive and if you see any problems or issues perhaps suggest how they might be remedied.

In the interests of keeping a log of various feedback feel free to CC manlydam@nobmob.com with anything you send in.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Cool,
I just sent them a reply regarding the very sharp cornered stairs.
Pine logs that like to get in the way.
The other new stairs at the start of the board walk before "Wookie Rock".

steel-o

Likes Dirt
manly dam alterations

i think most of the alterations are o.k but not great. but i've noticed that most people actually ride round the log stairs etc. which completely bewilders me, as most people complain it;s too boring.

use you imagination or get a shovel out.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think most of the alterations are o.k but not great. but i've noticed that most people actually ride round the log stairs etc. which completely bewilders me, as most people complain it;s too boring.

use you imagination or get a shovel out.
The new ones dont even come close to OK. They are dangerous and should not be on a bike track!!!

Email sent!

steel-o

Likes Dirt
The new ones dont even come close to OK. They are dangerous and should not be on a bike track!!!

every thing is dangerous if you don't ride it well. there are far more techical/dangerous things in manly dam than a few oddly spaced logs!!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt

every thing is dangerous if you don't ride it well. there are far more techical/dangerous things in manly dam than a few oddly spaced logs!!
Listen NOOB, I like most people are saying that alot of the additions could have been built alot better/made safer with imput from riders.

I belive that some of the sections would be dangerous for newbes.

So whats the problem:rolleyes:

P.S you should also learn how to quote!

Last edited:

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
The logs in both sections at start of allambie downhill and middle are a complete joke,the stairs near the end are dangerous no matter how good a rider you are, and if you think you are that good of a rider that they wont effect you, well, they will sooner or later, even the pros come off. I would like anyone that witnesses one of those sharp pointy stairs going into someones face or back or whatever stand up and say, "its not that dangerous", your wrong...they are dangerous,and both sections of logs as well as being kinda dangerous, remove the fun and flow from two sweet sections of trail.

Send an email people.

Anyone recieved a real email response other than the automated,we will respond to you within the normal 10 days?

Last edited:

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone recieved a real email response other than the automated,we will respond to you within the normal 10 days?
Not yet still waiting. I sent an email a few months ago to the Manly Dam ranger in charge of the track and I recieved a short reply saying "thank you for you email I will pass it on to the trail crew"

steel-o

Likes Dirt
manly dam alterations

i don't want to get into name calling, cat fight. i just wanted to say if you don't like it get a shovel and change it, instead of writing emails.

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i don't want to get into name calling, cat fight. i just wanted to say if you don't like it get a shovel and change it, instead of writing emails.
Thats the whole point. You cant just go and get a shovel and change it.

I dont think you understand how this works. Its a properly managed bike track. You can make alterations without consulting the people that over sea it.

You might want to think before typing as you are sounding really stupid!!!

VTSS350

Likes Bikes and Dirt
what's your beef mate , why so angry.

it's just a crappy bike track.
My beef is with idiots like you that think they can hide behind there keyboard and make stupid comments and make changes to a track with out consulting the council that built it.

Pull you head in idiot!!

scblack

Leucocholic

You are a FOOL.

You obviously have NO CLUE about what Manly Dam track has required to be set up, and how to effect changes.

Go and crap on somewhere that people want an idiot hanging around.:rolleyes:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Been waiting to use this ... wait wasn't long

email sent.

I reckon Obama could ride those steps ... he teh MAN !

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's exactly what we cannot do, everything needs to go through the right steps to be done,
in this case it has to go via the council.

I ride there nearly every day and would love to make some changes / fix sections, but with out the councils permission it will only make them angry which will in turn make us look bad.

I even wanted to cut back some small branches which are now growing fast in the singletrack, so i asked a friend who was the ranger there a while ago and she told me not to, as it has to be manged by the rangers with the council.

Dreggsy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

It is also one of Sydneys only legal recreational mountain bike paths, we need to keep it on track, you might find it crappy but there are quite a few tricky sections in there to test your skills.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
i just wanted to say if you don't like it get a shovel and change it, instead of writing emails.
That didnt really come accross like that in your other post man.
I agree subtle changes can be made for a quick fix to make it rideable, but what we want to change is the lack of communication with the main trail user, MTBrs.

Every time trail upgrades happen the dam gets less fun and more dangerous.
Unless people are ok with ripping up all the stairs and logs,then emails need to be sent, this is to let the powers at be know that we are not happy and there is an alternative win win solution for both sides,Follow imba trail design guidelines. Sustainable,safe,fun.

nrthrnben

Likes Dirt
email sent.

I reckon Obama could ride those steps ... he teh MAN !
haha,Good stuff,the more emails the better, hopefully they wake up and see how many people actually ride the dam, and how much manly actually financially benifits from it being a well known MTB tourist attraction,not distraction;)

Dont forget to resend or cc nobmob in your email as stated in the first post

manlydam@nobmob.com

Last edited:

steel-o

Likes Dirt
sensitive

guys why so sensitive!!!!

yeh there are some technical bits which i enjoy yeh there are some new bits which could be done better, but it's not like they ripped up a whistler style track. a few logs surely can't cause this much anger.