Manualling different in clips?!

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok, was out at hte 4x track again today but, instea of having flats, I was wearing clips (as I had been riding XC for most of the day at castle hill). now, I don't know if it was just cause I was fatigued yesterday but manualling over the stutters felt sooo different. Anyone else had a similar experience?

(not quite sure why it felt different though..)

S.

ex offender
I imagine it's cos in clips, you're sitting on the balls of your feet rather than the arch.

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well not realy socket cause I have my cleat as far back as possible and my foot is in pritty much teh same spot on flats and having the pedal in teh middle of my foot feels realy uncomfortable..

S.

ex offender
Oh ok... maybe it has something to do with your foot not rolling on the pedal as much?

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, dont' realy know how it was different. Thats saught of why I was wondering if anyone have had a similar experience?

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
were you on your xc bike cause that could make a hell of a differaece.being able to pump 8in of travel to nun is a bit differant throungh stutters.

if you were on your dh bike then i think that this is a stupid post.

end

perfor8r

Likes Dirt
Turley said:
Ok, was out at hte 4x track again today but, instea of having flats, I was wearing clips (as I had been riding XC for most of the day at castle hill). now, I don't know if it was just cause I was fatigued yesterday but manualling over the stutters felt sooo different. Anyone else had a similar experience?

(not quite sure why it felt different though..)
Having your feet clipped in, even with a certain degree of float causes you to tense up and grip the bars a little harder. At least that's what I find.
It's weird.

wombat

Lives in a hole
The only thing I could think of is as you push/pull with your legs, the pull would maybe have more effect with clips because you're actually attached.

S.

ex offender
CHEWY said:
hahaha ur sooooo funny socket :roll:
It's true you moron. Look it up in the dictionary; I'm sure they'll have some more eloquent explanation but that is pretty much the definition of different.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Socket said:
CHEWY said:
It's true you moron. Look it up in the dictionary; I'm sure they'll have some more eloquent explanation but that is pretty much the definition of different.
wtf... thats not what i meant by define and u know it, i was asking turley in what way did if feel different moron :roll:

S.

ex offender
CHEWY said:
Socket said:
CHEWY said:
wtf... thats not what i meant by define and u know it, i was asking turley in what way did if feel different moron :roll:
CHEWY said:
define different
Moron. :p

Turley

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ok my feet are pritty much so the top of the pedal is like just infront of the ball. I have found that position to be the best for me as I dont' loose any pedalling power yet, I dont' get too much heal movement (ie no toes to shin affair).

And perfo8r, I do grab the bars alot harder when riding clipped in though, I am definately starting to relax a little after a bit of time on the trail.

This was on the XC rig both days.