Mapleton Trail Care

Viv92

Eats Squid
Hey would anyone have any objections to some trail care being done at mapleton DH track?

The ruts in the bottom section are getting pretty large and we were thinking of going to buff up some sections of the track a bit. Is there anyone that should be contacted before we do this?

Cheers, Viv.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Also if we can make a berm after the first rocky section up the top (where there are three line choices) then the stepdown might be a more viable option.

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
I think the rock step down should be left as is, makes you think about line choice.

Edit: I dont think anyone would have any problems with you going up and repairing the track but they probably will if you make new stuff.

Mitch243

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think the rock step down should be left as is, makes you think about line choice.
Rock stepdown? I don't know where that is but the one I was talking about is the log stepdown/gap. Its off on the left from the top, seperate line that lands on the mainline right after the rocks.

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
Rock stepdown? I don't know where that is but the one I was talking about is the log stepdown/gap. Its off on the left from the top, seperate line that lands on the mainline right after the rocks.
My bad, i thought you where talking about the rock section, as alot of people jump it (sort of like a step down)

thinkluke

Likes Bikes
Hey, just letting everyone know I have started some repairs on the mapleton track. Starting from the bottom, I've just been filling in some ruts, adding water run offs and making a few new berms.

Just wondering if anyone has any objections? OR is there anything i need to know? Like dont add new lines etc?

theMerryPrankster

Likes Dirt
Just wondering if anyone has any objections? OR is there anything i need to know? Like dont add new lines etc?
I think as a general rule of track etiquette you should try to to make massive changes to any existing lines.

And obviously if you're going to add lines make sure you don't half-arse it.

Deadman

Likes Dirt
I'm pretty sure that big rut between the trees after the big jump is caused by water running off the road - it would be a lot of water too. Might be a big job but if you can direct it away from the trail you'll have to do less trail work on that section in the long run. Work with the natural lines of the terrain as best you can.
Good one Mapo Trail Lords

solokiter

Likes Bikes
Hey, just letting everyone know I have started some repairs on the mapleton track. Starting from the bottom, I've just been filling in some ruts, adding water run offs and making a few new berms.

How do you do that without a spade?

thinkluke

Likes Bikes
Rode mapo today after work, and the berms at the bottom are a big improvement, you can now hold lots more speed through there, good work luke.
If you need any more help up there let me know.

Thanks Lindon for talking me through the gap jump up the top, its no-where near as hard as it looked. (I just had to man up a bit):D
cheers. Kent.
Awesome man, glad you like it. Do you have any suggestions for improvements?
I'll be up there Wednesday afternoon if your keen for a ride and some push runs!

$ean

Likes Dirt
Hey all,
Went out to Mapleton today and found a massive change that I thought some people should know about before screaming down the track. At the top of the track next to the timber-mill joint there has been some logs which have rolled down onto the track which leads to the corner with the crate jump being blocked. There is a new corner that has been added right before this problem with a nice berm leading into a new jump. This new line joins up with the original track. Also further on down the track where you come to a section with a berm and the track going under a fallen tree there is a new small drop off which someone has added there as well. The step down part of the track is also washed out a lot after all this rain we have had. Maybe someone should organise another trail care day for Mapleton. The owner of the land was there today and he seems happy with us riders riding the track so im sure it's all ok to have these changes done. I just thought I would let you guys know:D

-Sean

thinkluke

Likes Bikes
Also just after the new section where you can either go left or right, left to the little step down or right that goes out the back kind of thing. If you go right to the track that goes off down the back there are a lot more jumps and changes through there.