Marin Wolf Ridge

Az

Likes Dirt
Decided after only making it to one DH race this past season it was time to build something
a little more versatile then my ol 224.

Introducing my new Marin. This thing does everything I need it to do. Bought it complete - stripped it and set it up as below. Still need to get a DRS set up - although the big ring will be handy for the odd enduro etc.

Little heavier then ideal (15kg) but what it lacks on the way up it makes up for on the way down!!!

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
Az nice!

Was hoping to see you on a Marin after you talked about them abit in the other thread, any chance of a ride report on the floating 4 bar setup?

I'm yet to see a quake in the flesh sadly.

A DRS and a bashguard should finish it off nicely.

Last edited:

basejaxx

Likes Bikes
How does the quad link system work for you?

I just bought a Quake frame with the same system but I haven't had a chance to test ride it beforehand.

All the reviews say it's working really well.

Dirt king

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks very stealthy, but may I ask why the massive seat and why the forks? Wouldn't have 36's or totems been better? Just curious. But that said I don't know model of Bombers they are.

But looks awesome and loving the rest of the spec though especially the brakes, they are amazing.

Az

Likes Dirt
Quad-Link system is amazing - although as a trail bike I wouldn't buy one with out pro pedal type shock, it really does rely on this to keep pedal bob to a minimum when climbing hard out of the saddle.

I have yet to notice any brake jack, although there is a small amount of noticable chain tug. Square edge hits is where this design excels, and the rear end ramps up nicely towards the end of it travel. And the maxle rear end with that big ole swingarm, is insanely stiff..It definatley feels as if it has more then 140mm up back, so it may make an appearance of the odd DH round next season.

The idea with the build was to keep it as versatile as possible as I have no DH bike now :(, 120mm-160mm forks, light enough for a few hour trail ride, etc. And will be entering a couple of enduros aswell, hard task for any rig but this seems to fit the bill nicely.

Having in the last few years become a big fan of single pivots due to simplicity/maintenance and the fact that i have a habit of destroying most multi pivot bikes I have owned. What headed me towards the Marin apart from geo & ride was the lifetime bearing warranty & the fact that because the shock is activated by the swing arm eliminating extra wear points a big A+

Az

Likes Dirt
Looks very stealthy, but may I ask why the massive seat and why the forks? Wouldn't have 36's or totems been better? Just curious. But that said I don't know model of Bombers they are.

But looks awesome and loving the rest of the spec though especially the brakes, they are amazing.
Totems would be overkill for this bike big and add unneeded weight. They are Marz All Mountain SL-1's - was planning to go with Lyrics being a Rock Shox fan - but these came up for an amazing deal so thought I would give them a shot, Very impressed so far.

The seat I have had for years, so #1 my arse likes it, #2 it's a little different and looks funky.

Az

Likes Dirt
How does the quad link system work for you?

I just bought a Quake frame with the same system but I haven't had a chance to test ride it beforehand.

All the reviews say it's working really well.
I had the opportunity to ride the Mt Vision, Wolf Ridge, Quake and then jumped back on my heckler all in the same day. Needless to say the new purchase speaks for its self.

If I had the money and the time - there would be a 7.9 in the garage aswell.
You wont be dissapointed, will be interesting to see next years Quake DH.

Heck - Im even eyeing off one of there roadies..........

Futile

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looks like a great bike.
Does the air shock feel any better for AM than a spring shock?

basejaxx

Likes Bikes
Quad-Link system is amazing - although as a trail bike I wouldn't buy one with out pro pedal type shock, it really does rely on this to keep pedal bob to a minimum when climbing hard out of the saddle.

I will mainly use my quake 7.3 frame (08 model) for DH/FR but I still went for the DHX Air 5.0 with pro pedal, cause it comes as a standard spec from marin. I will see how it goes and I can always get a coil one again.