Mark Webber hides broken shoulder suffered while mountain biking from Red Bull team

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This is what we like to see in our sportsman, though I guess he will cop some flak from his team, and may have cost him the championship.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Some of the nteam knew but not his boss! It does show some Aussie grit and it also happens to have happened right near the time he bombed out of the title chase.
He fell off after riding over a friend. Who here hasn't done that!
I've suggested to him in the past that i swap some mountain bike riding lessons for a few pointers from him in his garage.;) He was busy.

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Looked more like his concentration broke than his shoulder in Brazil when he hit the ripple strip and spun out. Still, good effort to keep going. Wonder if he is back on the bike?

Mobywan

Likes Dirt
^^^

I demo'd a carbon nomad about 2 weeks ago and apparently it had to make it's way back from Mr Weber punting it round the sunshine coast (Qld) before I could get my hands on it so I guess that's a yes.

Rodders

Likes Dirt
When I arrived back at my car the day after the grand final (think it was the second one) he was parked near me at Lysterfield receiving a lot of attention to his shoulder from a minder. Meahwhile another of his entourage was on the mobile trying to arrange an urgent catch up with someone at the Crown hotel over a 'confidential' matter although the volume of his conversation sounded like he wasn't too concerned if others heard.

Mark's a laid back bloke once you get him out of the limelight, good for a little chat.

wombat

Lives in a hole
Looked more like his concentration broke than his shoulder in Brazil when he hit the ripple strip and spun out. Still, good effort to keep going. Wonder if he is back on the bike?
Huh? He was pretty solid in Brazil, engine dramas aside. It was the wet astroturf in Korea that cost him.

Warwick

Likes Dirt
Sounds like he is a very keen MTB rider, and he is as fit as buggery, so I'd be surprised if he didnt have plenty to teach some of us about mtb's.