Marzocchi 350 cr

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Hi Burners
Just bought myself a new fork (Marzocchi 350 cr) and was wondering if anyone out there has any real world experience on them. There is very limited information on the net and most of the reviews are for the more expensive model. They will be replacing my trusty Fox 36r which are going on a NS eccentric. The 36's have been great if not a little porky but have been running a 27.5 wheel in it for the last few months and the clearance between tyre and arch is limited to say the least. Then I found these
http://www.jensonusa.com/Marzocchi-350-CR-275-Fork
I thought why not. So has anyone got experience on them or any advice regarding set up, break in time ect. Thanks

moorey

call me Mia
Not me, but my mate bought bought 2014 and 2015 55cr's, and had a world of issues with them (creaking CSU's and internal failures).....both were replaced under warranty, and I think one set was returned a second time. Luckily for him, he bought locally, so the LBS looked after him. If you have issues, might be a bit harder coming from the States. Others have had a good run though, so fingers crossed for you.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Bloody hell that was a quick reply. Well yes let's hope there not a dodgy set. They were very cheap ($460) so it wouldn't be the end end the world if there was probs and can always pop 36's back on if needed but am crossing fingers that there a good set. Slightly off topic, delivery from Jensonusa was super quick.

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Marz forks, can't comment on quality generally. I've got 55CR straight steerer forks on my Rune. Seem to have been fine. no issues past 18 months or so. Bought local for aus warranty. I think NS Dynamics are the ?? national service centre for Marz or something like that. Anyways, give 'em a run on your bike :thumb:

I seem to remember reading here on RB that gripsport can put a new alu steerer tube in forks (if creaking?) not sure if that's just for straight steerers or tapered as well. Moorey might know.

Last edited:

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
They are great value for money and since they moved the manufacturing back from China they are super reliable.

We had them on our Enduro range last year on the lower end models but have been better than the pikes on some of the higher spec models.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Well like I said fingers crossed there a good set. If there are any issues I'd prob take on the chin. I have a very good suspension guy in Melbourne who I'm sure will have them sorted for me. Still thats not the point really. You do expect things to work out of the box. Any idea of a good starting point with pressure. Currently running 53psi in 36's. I'm only 67kg with pack, oh and thanks everyone for your reply's

antonfourie

Likes Dirt
Well like I said fingers crossed there a good set. If there are any issues I'd prob take on the chin. I have a very good suspension guy in Melbourne who I'm sure will have them sorted for me. Still thats not the point really. You do expect things to work out of the box. Any idea of a good starting point with pressure. Currently running 53psi in 36's. I'm only 67kg with pack, oh and thanks everyone for your reply's
Its going to be hard to suggest seen as I run 55 psi in my 36's and am over 85kg ... down to preference ..

Rule of thumb for setup is over a few rides on your local and different trails, play with the pressure so that you almost bottom out at least once on the ride, no point in having the travel if you don't use it, you then have a idea of what trails equal what pressure, remember to change the rebound as you go up or down in pressure to allow for the change in "spring"

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
They are great value for money and since they moved the manufacturing back from China they are super reliable.

We had them on our Enduro range last year on the lower end models but have been better than the pikes on some of the higher spec models.
Thanks mate for positive review. Was starting worry. All I want is a simple but quality fork. I'm very much a set and forget type.

moorey

call me Mia
I seem to remember reading here on RB that gripsport can put a new alu steerer tube in forks (if creaking?) not sure if that's just for straight steerers or tapered as well. Moorey might know.
They do indeed. 5 years ago I wanted a straight 1.5" replaced with a tapered. They couldn't get tapered replacements back then, but I'm sure they could now.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Not me, but my mate bought bought 2014 and 2015 55cr's, and had a world of issues with them (creaking CSU's and internal failures).....both were replaced under warranty, and I think one set was returned a second time. Luckily for him, he bought locally, so the LBS looked after him. If you have issues, might be a bit harder coming from the States. Others have had a good run though, so fingers crossed for you.
I had the same fork and flogged it like a hookers pussy. Not a single issue. I really liked them. They looked good too.

They do indeed. 5 years ago I wanted a straight 1.5" replaced with a tapered. They couldn't get tapered replacements back then, but I'm sure they could now.
That is handy to know.

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
Well said forks have just arrived. The parcel must off sat in delivery vans window because the forks were hot to touch even inside two boxes and small bit off oil had leaked out off the dials on both legs. Is no bother as they'll get opened up to drop them to 150mm.
So out of the box they do look quite nice, nice metal dials unlike plastic dials on fox. Stanchions (is that spelt right ) are more golden than in pictures and axel to crown looks a wee bit lower than 36's. Am scratching head slightly chimp like over axel. They feel smooth on initial push on carpet. Will pop the on in next few days and can leave impressions if anyone is intereste. Thanks for reply's

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
They're quite a good fork, I have the NCR ti's and a riding mate has been on the CR's for about 18 months.

NSDynamics does warranty, no need to send them back overseas which is really nice.

Better / more rigid chasis than pikes, but at your weight you might not notice. Marzocchi workshop from windwave UK i think, has some videos on how to pull apart the CR and also change travel.

Keep an eye on any strange stanchion wear, had it happen to mine, replaced under warranty without any issues.

EMF

Eats Squid
Well said forks have just arrived. The parcel must off sat in delivery vans window because the forks were hot to touch even inside two boxes and small bit off oil had leaked out off the dials on both legs. Is no bother as they'll get opened up to drop them to 150mm.
So out of the box they do look quite nice, nice metal dials unlike plastic dials on fox. Stanchions (is that spelt right ) are more golden than in pictures and axel to crown looks a wee bit lower than 36's. Am scratching head slightly chimp like over axel. They feel smooth on initial push on carpet. Will pop the on in next few days and can leave impressions if anyone is intereste. Thanks for reply's
2014 350 cr had a fair bit of stichion easy fix, slide off the lowers add little oil and fork grease
The chassis ridgidity is mind blowing

Just Upgraded to 2015 NCR ti and great to be back on a coil fork
Couldn't resist $850 on Merlyn

dynamitedread

Likes Dirt
They're quite a good fork, I have the NCR ti's and a riding mate has been on the CR's for about 18 months.

NSDynamics does warranty, no need to send them back overseas which is really nice.

Better / more rigid chasis than pikes, but at your weight you might not notice. Marzocchi workshop from windwave UK i think, has some videos on how to pull apart the CR and also change travel.

Keep an eye on any strange stanchion wear, had it happen to mine, replaced under warranty without any issues.
Thanks for the awesome advice regarding warranty, i'm still hoping the'll be no issues, like I said i'll be off to see Astroboy my suspension guru who should spot any issues before they become an issue's. I can now run my Onza ibex again as it was nearly touching the arch on the fox's.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Thanks for the awesome advice regarding warranty, i'm still hoping the'll be no issues, like I said i'll be off to see Astroboy my suspension guru who should spot any issues before they become an issue's. I can now run my Onza ibex again as it was nearly touching the arch on the fox's.
KInd of not surprised I dont see more around, great chasis and all round excellent fork, particularly for the discounted prices, just no reviews and no advertising, bloody slack Italians.

The initial run had quite a few with out of spec bushings, leading to stanchion wear within 10-20 hrs of riding, warranty is rubber stamped if this happens.

850aud of ti's, thats a ripper price, best AM style fork I have ever used, with a porky coil lyrik no too far behind.

Zac Hinton

St Bernard
I have these forks (as MWII mentioned). I would highly recommend doing a lowers service immediately. Mine had fluid levels way off. You want 15mls of 90weight oil in the air chamber side and 20-25mls in each leg of 7.5 weight. Mix and match 10 and 5 weight motorbike fork oil is what I did. A common lube for the main seals on forks is Slick Honey, although Marz recommend Molokote (spelling). I mixed Slick Honey with fork oil to make a runnier mix. Seems to work well. The stanchion wear issue is common and due to bushing tolerances. Mine are marked a bit but I couldn't be shagged sending them back and having time off bike ( bought from Jensen USA for $660). Next to no info available online about these forks. They are pretty good though

indica

Serial flasher
I have had them for over a year. After a service they are great. Very plush and track well. The old Marz set and forget for sure.
Love them.