Marzocchi 4X WC vs Marzocchi Shiver SC's

kizza

Likes Dirt
Hey,

Im looking at buying a new set of forks for a frame im building. Its between the 4X WC's (07's - dropped to 80mm) and Shiver SC's (05's).

Both forks are brand new from stores and will be used for street and dj's, bmx tracks, ect. I weigh in at 95kg too, and will be coming back to riding from a one year break so will not be the smoothest rider out there.

Anyone ridden both or either that can give me some positive or negative feedback or comparison?

Cheers everyone.

Last edited:

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
Check out this thread mate. While its not directed at the Shiver SCs, its a general guide as to the nature of USD (up side down) forks.

Alas, with that in mind, I believe the 4X fork will be much more suitable, mainly from a service aspect. Increased pressure on the seals in a USD fork means service intervals are closer where as standard Marz forks, you can get away will 'neglecting' them for a while. I cant actually speak for the SC Shiver though but if its anything like its dual crown brother, is should be ultra plush!

My $0.02

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
forget the shivers. they may look cool and be super plush but they flex like a very flexy thing that i cant think of now. thats why bought the set in your LBS. like a 7 year old chinese contortionist, thats what they are flexy like...